Combines New Caterpillar Tractors

kp

Just talked to our service rep today, and he told me they were going to be introducing a line of front wheel assist tractors with a range of horse power. I think this further solidifys Cat's emergence into agriculture.

euroman

Is there anyone who knows more about this. What will those FWA tractors look likeIJ

jd9750

How long will it be before Caterpillar introduces these new 2 wheel drive tractorsIJAgriculture is JUST 4 percent of total company sales.

jd9750

How long will it be before Caterpillar introduces these new 2 wheel drive tractorsIJAgriculture is JUST 4 percent of total company sales.

catmechanic

Heres what I know, nine new models with two more coming later for a total of eleven new models. All will have high drive like the row crop, horespower will be smaller than the 35 challenger and go up to 500 hp. Will have finger tip control hydraulics like the deere. suspension will oscillate in the front end like steel track tractors.lots more electronics . Have not seen any pictures and cat is really being secretive. As a dealer mechanic I am excited about these coming new tractors. As far as the wheel tractor rumor goes ,caterpillar may have bought out Fendt or are working out a deal with them for their line or a line of tractors. Maybe simalar to the cat_claas aliance.

Illinois_Gleaner

Catmechanic, Agco just bought Fendt last year so is Cat buying Fendt from Agco or is Agco going to make the Fendt for CatIJ

catmechanic

dont know the details. Just heared the words- Fendt_cat_wheel tractor. thats all I know.

catmechanic

I dont want to let the world know who I am in case I post somthing inacurate or wrong. I just recently started working on combines for our branch store I work at. All my experiance in the past is with cat construction equip. and engines. But I am learning real fast. ( in other words, trying not to be a dumbass).When I get more confident about my knowlege of combines I will tell where I work.