Combines 9610 vs Cat

mit9750

my opinion,and i'm sure it don't count for much,but i ran a 93 model 9600 this yr w_2700 engine hrs 1800sep hrs,had a 36 ft macdon head and made every round that 2 470's w_ 30ft heads made. I was'nt blowed away by any means and felt i did just as good of a job saving grain as the 2 cats did. we were also laying down straw. this did surprise me that the cat did leave a desent windrow. got smaller inthe heat of the day,but the guy who baled it said was ok to bale behind. not as nice as the deere but better than a axial flow.

farm_boy

I am not sure about in wheat country, but here in corn and soybean country Cat doesnt make a combine as small as the 9600. The closest thing that they have would be the 470. As for the previous reply to your posting, I think that the 470 that you were running must have been sick.

homer

Farm boy, you must be a woman, cause you have an excuse for everything. Cat 470's are no bigger than a 9600_9610, it's just another Cat myth out there.

GOGREEN

Coming from a green combine, why wouldn't you want to try out the new 50 seriesIJ Trust me, you will feel much more comfortable, plus as far as grain sample goes, you won't find a thing on the ground.

Uman

Except for the holes in the side of the 50 series combine that leak grain like rain in a gutter.

farm_boy

Just call them like I see them. Havnt seen a 9610 out do a little cat 450 yet, much less a 470. Did see somthing quite humorous the other day, a 9610 with a 12 row on it. We were passing him in our new 475 with our 12 row on it. How many cat combines do you see sitting on the deere lots, not any where I am from, and our local dealer is the largest JD combine dealer in the WORlD. Now how many deere combines do you see on the cat lot. the cat dealer around here has 3-9610's,1-9600,2-2388's,1-2188,1-2366, and 2 r62's. Now something that baffles me every company guy that I talk to says they are gaining market share in the combine industry. I have a hard time believeing that agco and NH are, doubtful case is, and possible deere is, maybe getting into some of the case rotary market, probable that they are trading them out of the 9610's. they only one that I really believe is Caterpillar Every combine they sell they are getting a little bigger piece of the pie Oh by the way HOMO er, I think that was your name, I just felt, not a woman today, sorry to disappoint you