Combines Atten REDPOWER

Farm_Kid2

I would recommend going to http:__talk.agriculture.com_machinery.html and asking Plowboy. You'll need to click on "Machinery Talk". Plowboy has a great reputation as being a staight shooter and has a ton of Cat experience.

Redpower

Hey Dman, Sorry I haven't got the chance to reply earlier, but you know how things can get. I used to run CaseIH....started with the 1600's, then 2188's and 2388's. I currently run two CAT 485's, they have rotary seperating systems(twin rotors). The improvement(s) I've noticed right off were capacity and speed (which were the two things I was looking to improve on as this was the main reason I made the swith to CAT....I won't lose contracts because CaseIH refuse to make a bigger machine). I find the cab to be much more user friendly...everything from controls to monitors(CEBIS)(Auto pilot is kinda nice too). I have noticed a cleaner sample in corn, but I can't quite get as clean as the 2388's did in grain and soybean but I think it's mostly due to lack of experience in setting up these CAT's....only had them for a year so I'm no CAT expert yet. I don't want to try and compare the 485's and the 2388's too much as there are big size differences, I feel it would be more accurate to compare the 2388's with the CAT 470's or maybe 460's. Another big factor why I made the switch to CAT is tracks....I can't say in all honesty it's made 15bu_acre difference, but I'd say at least 5-7bu_acre increase. All my tractors (CAT Challengers) and both 485's are on tracks (as well as grain cart),which I really like in my no-till soybeans....no big tire ruts. If I can be of anymore help (if I've even been any),please feel free to ask. I'd really incourage you to test out a CAT on your farm...it's tough to leave the Axial~Flows, but if you have to...I think CAT's the way to go. Have a good one,

ricefarmer

redpower do you run a cover plate under your aps concave.