Combines Saskatchewan Cat Owners

kp

We were broke down at 10 PM, phoned the 24 hr emergency phone number, they dispatched someone, hour and a half later (60 miles away) they had someone here and we were up and running by 1:30 am. Won't get that kind of service from your local dealer, they will be in bed by then. Also, when they send someone out, that person is an expert and will not stop til you get going. Some local guys have a young group of mechanics who could not even do an oil change. We have been very satisfied with the service thus far. In fact, we have done 6000 acres with only one breakdown.

Mountain_Doo

Do their service trucks carry all sorts of spare partsIJ I can imagine a scenario where they get out to the combine and need a part that's back at the shop. Then whatIJ I remember about 10 years ago when a certain dealer(I won't name names here) bragged that they could build two combines (less frame and bodywork I guess) from the parts department. Things have sure changed. I'm not out to run anyone down here. I'm just exploring options. From the rumors I hear, all the manufacturers are supposed to be going to the Cat style dealer network.

kp

They try and bring everything they can think of out with them, but if they forget something they will need to get it. We had our circuit board go out on us yesterday, they came out, put a new one in and then we found the cebis was not working properly, so they phoned Regina @ 8:00 pm, got them to strip one out of another combine, met them half way and were back at our farm @ 11:00 pm and had me up and running by 11:30pm. Only our first year with them, and we had the same questions about service as you, but we have been exteremly satisfied with their service. By the way, we have 175 seperator hours on each machine with only 2 breakdowns thus far.

westgro

We purchased a 470 with 30ft. Honeybee header and just finished our first season. We are very pleases with the calibre of service . We live 40 miles from the statalite and about 140 mi from the main office. The service techies were like the ad says "We promise to keep you going." Ithink that some of the other dealerships are going to have to sit up. We just did some regular grain corn with a 30'straight head we travelled at 1.5 to 2.mph and put the whole plant through.