Combines cylinder bar wear

tbran

reverse your worn bars and switch locations to put a non worn bar in the location of high wear. You can't prevent this high wear location entirely but the corner kit will help. I would like to see you try half height bars in place of the reverse bars. PUT THE DISCHARGE PADDlE KIT IN!! If you need the capacity in TUFF wheat, green stem beans, the cover kit is neat. If you are in Oh. you probably won't need it. Pull every other wire out of the sep. grate. Several of us are going with every other cyl. bar run out to the end with only 4 discharge paddles. Will keep informed on this one. look under tips for these photos and discharge helical locations. Do these things pioneered by Hypers and Hurtts and you gonna be one pleased puppy in the litter. Gotta make your own section kits for now unless Dan has more info. AND the only wheat that will grow next year is the seed you get from me. I'm currently gettin about $100 _ bu. for this computer tested stuff so get your order in early to avoid the y2k rush. The seed is garunteed debugged (actually I just throw in a few moth balls....:-- ) Do you know what moth balls smell likeIJIJIJIJ Yes you sayIJ..How did you get your nose down there between those little legs to sniff..... sorry 'bout that.. good luck!!

Jeff

Won't removing these wires increse the shoe loadIJPlease tell me more about this mod. Thanks for the information. We are the only ones doing this in SE Kansas that I know of not even our dealer knows what its about.

tbran

As with any modifications you must realize that not all things work for all situations....BUT...we have used this change in the sep grate in corn, soft red winter wheat, and soybeans, clover, fescue, and some milo (geez I hate that stuff) witn nothing but good to great results. This increases your separating capacity and in most cases won't increase the shoe load because the material other than grain, MOG, will be blown out and only the heaviest particles and grain will ever hit the shoe.... The sep. cover talked about allows the material to flow over this aggresive grate with less restriction and lower HP required when capacity is not as important such as in corn 150 bu_a + hope this helps

Dan

Jeff, Tim said it very well. I might add for you to check helical height. New chrome helicals are 5_8" and black iron are 1_2" high. It is very important to have helicals in great condition for green, wet, or tough straw. Slow cylinder speed demands great helicals. Edible beans demand chrome helicals for black iron will wear flat in no time which will seriosly destroy capacity and crack beans. I remove chopper concave knifes to cut off present knife at the base and then I weld on 1_2 of a quick cut sickle section. I then sharpen to a smooth sharp edge. Concave knife will cut tough straw better and must still be pivoted out for corn. Much less chance of plugging chopper with super tough straw now. And yes I believe you are headed in the exact right direction. Good luck. Dan

vikes

The rasp depth of the bars is 10 mm when they are brand new. They need to be replaced when the rasp depth is 5 mm.