Combines CatMT700 9420T and Geringhoff folding corn head pics

Deerebines

Oh Man, Now that kitty is a sweet looking tractor inside! What's the hp on that tractorIJ It looks pretty small compared to the guy standing on it and comparing to thier previous models. While we're at it.......What's the sticker $$ IJ

Green_Envy

Nice pictures. So that is Cat's answer to the John Deere 8520T. The cab sure looked nice and comfortable. I have heard Deere had taken over the market for the size of track machine with the 8410T and 8400T.

jd9750

John Deere claims to have 50% of the track tractor market in this country.How did they do it so fastIJ

Green_Envy

Beats me. A couple of years ago at a local farm show I grabbed a brochure that pointed every advantage the 8400T had over its Cat Challenger competitor. The brochure was called the TRACK MEET. The only things that the 8400T didn't have the advantage was the transmission (because it came from deere) and the sun visor. I live in Montana, and I know of only 1 8400T in our area but no Challengers. There are a few of the bigger Cat machines though.

RamRod

I was there at Spencer and saw that head. It should be noted that head has two conventional stalk rolls per roll, but I presume could be bought with the third roto disc roll so you could skip chopping or discing stalks. The lexions (Class's) header drive and Gleaner's drives are the best out there to handle the additional pull of the stalk chopping head.

farm_boy

Whoa guys, every 2 out of 3 track tractors sold today in North America is a Caterpillar. In Illinois there are over 100 Caterpillar track tractors running in agriculture application, and believe me Deere wher I am from is not moving track tractors. As far as the 8010t series and the old 45-55 Cat tracotors,there was one big advantage that cat had over deere, the track system. Give deere the cab but come on after that there wasnt to much that deere had on cat. The new MT 700 series from cat is very impressive. the 8020t looks like an old lady with a new skirt, but at least they got into the 90's finnaly with a flip up hood.

CATMAN2

The MT700 series has 4 models of row crops with 185, 205, 235, 255 hp's. There are some major advantages to this tractor compared to the Deere 8020T series. All I have heard is that the price should be no more than that of the CH35-55 challengers. That is cheap for that stout of a row crop tractor. If you get the chance to see it up close, please do. Compare it to the current "E" series, makes it look like weak. Kinda makes you wonder what the 500 hp monster is going go look likeIJ

Green_Envy

Have you operated both John Deere and Cat machines in the fields. Which one stears better, shifts smoother, and pulls betterIJ I am not concerned with the cab very much because if they make them any more comfortable, then there almost wouldn't be any point in farming. We are thinking about going to tracks because you don't have to change out 20ft of shovels on the plow half way through summerfallow. Thanks for your opinions.

Midiowa

We run a wide track Cat 55 and a Deere 8400t on a daily basis. I cannot speak for the new Cats, but both my hired men and I agree that the Deere is the better tractor. The new Cats look very good, especially the track suspension. Most of the improvements in the new Cats appear to be only meeting Deere features, not exceeding them. Repairs have been equal, both have had minor problems. The Deere "feels" like a farm tractor, the Cat does not, especially in the way it steers, but it is a very capable machine, anyway. JMHO.