Combines All the lexion s with CAT engine in Europe

claasman

I think it's a bad move by claas,how ever they may not have had any choice.

meat

As Far i Gather the Contract with cat_claas is that cat supplys the crawler machines and claas supply combines with cat motors for its noth american market,but here in the uk is that we have a choice of Mercededez benz engins and perkins and they still use!!!!!!

Vikes

I don't think Mercedes Benz has the technology that Cat does as far as diesel engines go. I think it was a great move for the green Claas' to be equipped with the Cat engine.

Ger

I think Claasman is right, Claas probably didn`t have a choice, but from my perspective Claas has also changed to a market driven manufacturing philosophy. I remember getting a sales pitch from a Claas engineer in the early 90`s at a trade show. The current pitch from CAT is quiet different, and when I asked the CAT rep what had happen to the great effencies gained by having the engine in the front, a high qaulity Mercedes engine and a small diameter cylinder, His response was WEll WE WANT TO SEll COMBINES IN NORTH AMERICA. As far as CAT engines having better technology the Mercedes that is only an impression because of greater electronic use, which is out of neccessity. As far as I know Cat still have not produced an engine that will produce 250 horse at 4 gl an hour. Mercedes did in the late ninties.