Combines laser guide and GPS

harvester

We run a 480 with mapping and laser steering,The mapping system is very good and has given us very good results . But im not over impressed with the laser steering it just takes a lot of setting up and then just when you think you have got it right it turns into the crop.When it works it works well .But i feel you have to be there so you might as well steer the thing.

shifty

with the older lazerpilot setup it could be a little troublesome to set correctly. here in the uk last season we had some machines on test where the lazer head transmits a digital signal via the canbus lines these were very quick to set approx 2 minutes by the cebis screen and they where extreamly accurate.

harvester

You had better come and set mine up then, Because it,s not very good at the moment it locks onto to the edge of the crop and cuts fine for a while and the all of a sudden it just turns into the crop. I have tried setting the steering up on it and it drives in a staight line and getting the cross lights to match up but it still just has a mind of its own. If only it was as good as the mapping !