Combines NO BUll WANT SOME ANSWERS

kp

If you want no bull, here is your answer. The 480 is an exceptional machine and there is no doubt in my mind that it has the highest capacity out there. BUT, I would never expect one combine to take the place of 2. You have to realize that unforseens can happen, such as breakdowns, then instead of going with 1 combine you are going with none. I like your thinking of going with a 36' head, but this will only get you to 1.5-1.75 combines compared to the 2 you were going with. The only way you could make this work would be perhaps to work shift work ie) run it 24 hrs a day. Don't fool yourself, these combines can work all night, and we found it to pick up on capacity as it got tough. I wish you luck.

plowboy

I know that the one will not cut the same as two ,but as you say 1.5-1.75 would be alright as we will have 7-9 other machines at wheat harvest and 2-3 other at fall harvest. dropping back to one would let me shift people around more and give me more work force.

kp

Go for it then!!! I know you will not be disappointed. Just a thought though, make sure you speck it out correctly. Nothing worse than spending all that money and realizing you left out an important part -- ie) 3-D sieve