Combines WhyIJIJIJ

Coors_light

Concedng defeat, no! Managing risk, yes. Don't worry, the MT, as well as other Cat products will still be at the Cat dealer, just as if it didn;t happen. Granted, there might be some weak dealers weede out, but the strong ones will be there with all of the equipment to go with these new MT, as well as wheeled tractors as well. There has been no "upset of the year," just a change in some management and marketing. Cat didn't leave Ag, just taking a new approach through a different channel. This will ensure Cat quality for not just the Challengersm but other products as well ("building blocks for a good future"). Think of Cat one who is going back to the drawing board. Good things come to those who wait, especially in a recession.

Green_Envy

Thanks for clearing it up for me. Cat's plan might be a good idea to sell more tractors. I live in Montana and there are only two Ag Cat dealerships that advertise in the state and they might be the only Ag ones in Montana too. I don't know for sure. I wish it was like the old days when you had Deere, Case, Oliver, Massey, Cat, Ford, MM, AC, and International in the farm equipment business that made farming a little bit more interesting.

YoungFeller

if you want some good information go to agco's home page. go to the bottom and click on the little link, you can listen to a nice press release, its about 40 minutes long and has lOTS of answers to everyones IJ's. Thanks, YoungFeller