Combines CAT AGCO merger

Cannuck

I agree mostly with what you say dakota. It sure boogles the mind to know what really is going on. If Cat just wanted more dealers and a full ag. line of equipment why wouldn't they have just agreed to build the Cats ( to Cats quality specs.) and just allowed Agco to sell them through their dealersIJ I agree 100% that Agco dealers in this area have Nothing to offer us. Its the Cat dealer that has impressed us and thats why we have been repeat buyers. We were real close to buying a lexion and now we are just real nervous. Sent an e-mail to Claas and they said they are in North America to stay and they plan on doing it through Cat. Guess we all continue to sit on the side and watch. Kevin

Cannuck

I agree mostly with what you say dakota. It sure boogles the mind to know what really is going on. If Cat just wanted more dealers and a full ag. line of equipment why wouldn't they have just agreed to build the Cats ( to Cats quality specs.) and just allowed Agco to sell them through their dealersIJ I agree 100% that Agco dealers in this area have Nothing to offer us. Its the Cat dealer that has impressed us and thats why we have been repeat buyers. We were real close to buying a lexion and now we are just real nervous. Sent an e-mail to Claas and they said they are in North America to stay and they plan on doing it through Cat. Guess we all continue to sit on the side and watch. Kevin

turbo

Where are you going to get support and parts for your combinesIJ Does CAT have a harvest support van or will Agco take care of that nowIJ I did not think combines were any part of the Agco - CAT deal.

gunner

i think u guys need a reminder what agco has to offer. They have the most advance tractor in North america right now. Most of the stuff that deere and case bragg bout is stuff that agco or ac invented. like controls built into the arm rest. that was an ac first. And then u go to sprayers and fertlize eq. Agco has willmar which is by far the best pull behind spredder and then u have Ag-chem which if not the best one of the best self propled sprayer and spreaders. I don't think i need to go into details of who invent the 3-point hitch or the self propled combine or windrows. who was running 12 row corn heads back in the 80s. I think u guys need to get on with ur life. lets look at some things u have to look forward to. CVT's in cat challenger will be something to see. Cat is not gettin out of the ag biz. That would be stuiped. They r tryin to offer u, there so called loyal costmers, a full and complet line of farm eq. So now, Cat can get fendt, heston, willarm, AG-Chem and anything else. all teh while, they get to sell more engins. I belive this is the best thing for both companys. Now cat has a full line. Now Agco has the best wheeled and track trators money can buy.

catmechanic

thanks gunner, that needed to be said. I think agco sold ag-chem though. As a mechanic for a cat dealer in an ag store, I find this merger , and how it will efect me very exciting. a

Phat_Weed

Are you gonna have to trade for something else alreadyIJ If so, that's a bad deal. I'm still wondering if they're going to sell orange Challengers or not. About Agco not being a leader, I gotta beg to differ on that...Allis Chalmers (who made the Gleaners the beasts they are) have been leaders since way back when...sure, there were plenty of mess ups along the way (the early "N" series, that's for sure),but look at what they did for the industry as a whole...electro hydraulics, hydro traction drives, powershifts,they were putting tracks on combines way before Cat was, the list goes on and on. They made stuff insanely easy to service for the time (especially compared to the *cough* green machines). Think about it... put an l3 and an 8820 side by side, and you tell me which one looks easier to tear into. I agree that the other companys never helped them bounce back at all (although I still think the Deutz engines is one of the best). The merger has me bothered about what's gonna happen to Agco as well as Cat. Agco really hasn't done much for innovation... I often wonder if they can..they have their hands stuck in alot of pies. I think that if they stuck with their own tractors and combines they'd be alot better off. like the other gentleman said, all we can do is sit back an watch...

Brian

As an owner_operator of Cat, Agco, and JD equipment I'm not worried about the merger. Sure Agco has been far from perfect but I think many of us are just not as willing to forgive them of their mess ups as we are the other colors; these others have plenty of mess ups too. I kinda get the hint too that Cat will do lots of babysitting of Agco to insure product quality etc... I'm fortunate to live where I do in that we have lots of good dealers of all colors nearby. My two favorite however are my Agco and Cat dealers so it will be interesting to see if the Challengers come orange as to where one gets the best value.

john

It looks to me that cat is going to see how agco does then maybe down the road buy out agco

dakota

I agree with you 100%. There is a reason why all those l2 are still running. But right now they are so confused trying to sort out all their colors and names that quality became a step child.

dakota

I wish you're right and CAT keeps control of everything and don't get sucked into that color and name mess. Paint and names don't do the job. But it seems that now days CEO's are mostly worried about this only.