Combines Dumping Your lexions YetIJ

Coors_light

Why would I even think of returning my lexion(s)IJ Bulldogger, I currently own a '99 485 and am about to take receivership of Cat's latest 485R. I have no need to return either machine until they have been adequately depreciated (I do not farm for resale value, therefore do not care, but am positive it will be there). What you and many others must understand is that Cat will stand behind their warranty, no matter the data of delivery. My new machine will have a Cat warranty and my dealer has promised sales, product_service and parts support, just like any other Cat product and just like they have done in timely and efficient fashion for my previous Cat Ag. equipment. My Cat dealer and his Ag Rep have garanteed the highest quality dealer and corporate support, no matter the product. I also look forward to the same coming from Agco when I recieve my new MT 765's. What I do expect is that Agco had better bend over just as far backwards with warranty, policy, incentives, etc. as Cat. We Cat customers demand a higher qaulity of service than many and are willing to pay for it. If you, Agco, expect to enter into a premium line of products with generic deals and warranty to the farmer, then you might as well sell it back to Cat (I am confident you will do what is expected and what you are now obligated to offer and i cahllenge an Agco response).

cat_lover

Well you want a answer and this is mine, we have been leasing lexions for two years and where going to stand behind our cat dealer 100% because they have told us the truth about all the (trash talk)that has been going around and fare as five years form know our lease well be up and well get new combines then.Some leases suck but our lease is on three years and 100% of it is all under warrenty so we are not going to worry about the combines well let cat take care of it.P.S. HONEST

Combine_Wizard

Good for you and Cat lover. I really want to see the lexion stay around for a while. It's a really cool combine. By the way, what's the difference between a 485 and a 485RIJ

Wind

Some of you wonder where I come with my "full of it" information. It is in print! ** Wall Street speculates: Cat may exit Claas JV Following Caterpillar's sale of its agricultural tractor operations to AGCO, analysts speculate that Cat may exit the combine business, possibly by setting up a similar deal with its joint venture partner Claas or another agricultural equipment company. Merrill lynch estimates that Cat's agricultural revenues were approximately $240 million in 2000 (less that 2% of total company revenues),with $155 million associated with tractor operations, and the remaining associated with the lexion line of combines. Currently, 100 full-time workers manufacture the lexion combine in a 162,000 square foot plant near Omaha, Nebraska. local officials are optimistic that the plant will continue operating, whether or not Cat retains its ownership position. [R. Schenosky_Y. Varano - Merrill lynch; Omaha World-Herald]

All_colours_turned_Yellow

Keep in mind a quality built and engineered product will always bring a premium price no matter whether it is a new or used machine!

eagle1

We have a 1998 965 that I do not intend to trade, sell or otherwise dispose of untill it is absolutly worn out. We try to be least cost producers, not that this means running junk. Also I look at the insecurity generated by this as an oppertunity to get a little better deal on a first rate piece of equipment be it either a combine or tractor. As for resale, I usualy do not care as long as total cost of ownership is below or equal to similar pieces of equipment. Also, Tim Harmon, our Cat Salesman, said that he just sold a new 475 as a replacement for a 485. He also says that there have been alot of questions but sales have not suffered "to much". And he has not had any cancelations.

Hired_Gun

Coorslight - I think you'll be happy with AGCO quality_ warranty _etc. I do custom harvest work from Tx. to N.D. I feel that all AGCO dealers put customer service n1. I know they've made me feel that way. AGCO has replaced expensive items even after warranty has run out. AGCO gives its customers opportunities to discuss changes in designs_ideas or what ever you feel important. I've been to several conventions, plant tours, and dealer appriciation meetings. They will listen if you'll tell them. Does CAT do the same.

catlitter

Top ten reasons not to buy a (pussy)Cat (from a 2-year inmate in "Altorfer-Catraz prison"): 10)The salesmen are liars--salesman said the 460 lexion would harvest 80-120 acres of corn_day; 160-200 acres of beans_day. My actual average was 36 acres_day on 3045 acres, due to down time 9)Two days on average to get repairs and parts--cost of trip and repairs=highway robbery 8)My combine is the most unreliable, worthless piece of junk 7)Turns weeks of progress into days of misery 6)leaves enough corn on the ground to grow another crop 5)WarrantyIJIJIJ What WarrantyIJIJIJIJ 4)Color not representative of product...it should be a nice, bright lemon yellow. Speaking of lemon, there are no lemon laws in Illinois for equipment...hopefully, things will change 3)Corn head needs repaired at least once daily 2)You'll be the laughing-stock of the neighborhood 1)You'll have to end up leasing a John Deere combine to finish the job--Save yourself some heartache and buy a Deere! SPEAKING FROM EXPERIENCE, NOTHING RUNS lIKE A DEERE!!!

Combine_Wizard

Sorry you had such bad luck, maybe that combine needs some serious looking into. lemons do happen, though not often. Maybe it is just a matter of finding better service in your area. I have seen some farmers in certain areas of Kansas sell their lex's. The combines were okay, but the dealers were poor to work with. At least try to find a qualified combine tech. I still think the lex's are outstanding combines.