Combines Catlitter is all wet

catlitter

You know what, I can truly see your point. It really sounds way too unbelievable, but unfortunately, it's true. The whole reason I decided to post my story is because this should never happen to anyone. It has been a nightmare. All we want is out of this lease. If anyone is willing to trade their Cat for ours so that you can see what we went through, and to show us how wonderful they really are, then let me know. Regarding my "poor attitude," explain to me how I should react. How would you feel if you were faced with the same situationIJ We are thankful that they reduced the repair bills down from $14,000 to $2100, but they still will not take the combine back. Would you want to face another harvest with this combine which has proved to be a lemonIJ I would think not. If Cat is such a good company, don't you think they should at least replace this combine with one that will operateIJ They are truly doing themselves a disservice in my county by requiring us to keep this combine for another year. Word has gotten around in this area, and as I mentioned before, at one point, they even had a meeting planned to discuss why they cannot penetrate our area. I don't really want to waste my time discussing whether or not I am believable every night with Cat devotees. I personally don't care what a bunch of strangers think of me. You are totally entitled to keep your blinders on, allowing you to only view what is wonderful and rosy. I just wanted to let my situation be known. My next plan of action is getting in contact with my representatives, so that we can try to get some type of lemon law passed to protect farmers such as myself. It's abuse. I know it will be a major time-consuming hassle to post complaints to get such legislation considered, but as farmers, we have no protection against these huge corporations. If you have a car that is a lemon, there are laws to protect you. If you have a piece of equipment that is a lemon, shouldn't you be protected, tooIJ I'm sorry you find my story too hard to believe--all I can tell you is that it is the honest-to-goodness TRUTH. Hopefully, no one on this thread will ever go through such an experience, but if you do, at least I'll believe you.

Farm_Kid2

Catlitter, I can't find the post you guys are talking about. Did it get deletedIJ I'd like to hear the "horror story"! Mike

All_colours_turned_Yellow

I agree with you. There should be a law for lemon farm equipment. As far as getting satisfaction for yourself and getting someone to take notice of your plight. Find a farmer that has farm property that abuts a major interstate highway in your area and park this "DUNNER" combine up close to the road. Then get four sheets of plywood and get a professional sign maker to paint up a sign saying, "lEMON" For further info contact YOUR PHONE NUMBER", and have the sign maker put a picture of a lemon on it as well. For maximum results position this machine in an area of maximum exposure. I had to do this to Ford Motor Co. I had a bad 7.3 engine that went bad 1500km. over warranty. Got positive results real quick. Might also try and hook some 12 volt lights up to illuminate the sign at night and a rotating flasher will help to draw attention to your lemon miles before they get to your lemon combine display!!!!

FARM_BOY

Catlitter, I havnt been on the Combine talk show for a while now just because I really cant handle all the belly aching but I had a buddy tell be that I had to read the crying lately by catlitter. I have really "enjoyed" reading your postings about the Cat combine and "Altorfer-catraz". Pretty much came to the conclusion that you need to go out and buy a towel to catch all them tears. I dont doubt that the bill was $14,000 but the bottom line is that they didnt have to lower the bill. If I was them I would have stuck you for the 14000 anyway cause you arent going to own another cat product it sounds like anyway, and the way that you are bad mouthing them they should have just let you pay the 14000. the amount that you state that you spent on your deere repairs that just sounds a little to good to be true, Maybe you traded every two years and all you had to pay for was oil changes and piddly stuff cause it was always under warrantyIJ I dont know what you did to a combine that caused 14000 of repairs that wouldnt have been covered under insurance or somthing dont matter how many trips they had to make. I do know from dealing with your Cat dealer in the past that there mechanics are the best ones in the country. THey hire the good ones from deere, case, kamatsu etc cause they dont pay nothin and you get a 18 year old kid out there with his plastic toolbox and the ranger pickup to put a transmission in a combine, but hey it sure beats the job he had last week at the local video store checking out movies , and knowing generally where your approx from you probably deal with one of 3 deere dealers, so you know exactly what I am talking about. While typing this I have pretty much come to the conclusion that you might just be one of those people who could tear up and anvilIJ Whine and moan all you want, you might have a lemon, might be the operator, Ive seen the lexion run day after day out west and up north, the capacity is there, the quality is by far the best on the market,, but remember that salesman that sold it to you is just trying to make a living just like you are, and he must have had some data and experience of stating what that combine would do, which his numbers dont sound to far off, and he didnt make you sign your name to that lease. I am sure that there is a JD guy that is going through the same thing you are right now. That green paint isnt a cure all. By the way I have enjoyed my time at "Club Altorfer" in the past and look forward to it in the future. While at the Farm Progress Show this year seen a bumper sticker that fits in here real good "if you cant b!tch, you cant farm"