Combines What will replace the lexion

Cutter

Cat is now a supplier of advanced_premium grade components (i.e. engines, electronics, power_drivetrain, Mobile Track Systems, electrical technology, etc.) for off-road (i.e., Ag) vehicles. Therefore, Cat will not source a new combine. However, the Cat dealers will need to source combines and all indications point to the lexion (continued to be branded as Cat) as being the combine of choice to all Cat dealers.

Cannuck

I think your seeing a new era in Ag. where these mergers are taking place instead of the old fashion buyouts. Cat is getting what they want and agco got something they wanted. Claas is getting the Cat dealers and Cat is selling engines and technology. I buy from a dealer and my faith comes from that relationship. It doesn't matter what colour. Kevin

dakota

Caterpillar is out of the ag market. When they started with the Challenger they never got the market share they have in the construction business. Farmers are very different people and don't want to be treated like contractors. Many CAT dealers didn't understand that or didn't want to mess with ag equipment in general. Also farmers like to buy every thing in one place. But CAT for many years could offer only a tractor and that was only one kind of a tractor. During the last years it changed a little. You could find some farm equipment at some CAT dealers and finally a combine that turned out to be quite good. But I guess the CAT CEOs had lost their patience and compassion for the ag market meanwhile, if they ever had any. Besides yellow machinery is quite expensive, especially in this kind of farm economy. And the unions don't help that at all. So CAT finally cut it loose. Why worry about something what will never be a big number in corporate revenues anyway. Now Claas is in North America for a different reason. They have tried for decades to get a foot in the US combine market. The breakthrough finally came when they painted them yellow and wrote the best known word for American quality on the side. After CAT droped out of the ag market it didn't take Claas long to figure out they needed to take over what was left. Having 36% of the Eurpean combine market and 50% of the worlds silage cutter market takes some effort and experience in technology, quality and service. They will not let go, if there is any way. Claas is also building a new plant in Germany as I write. Part of it is surely to supply their growing American combine market. Their challenge here is to keep up a competitive dealer network based mainly on CAT dealers. One of these days they're going to have to explain their green color to the public, because CAT will not for ever let them use their name. Besides this Claas is facing a little different problem in Europe. There they had a joint venture with CAT to market the Challenger. Now basically CAT cut the supply. But Claas would like to keep their fresh little market going. Therefore they have to find an agreement with AGCO to keep up the supply of tractors and parts. This is just my way of looking at things.

hv_user

I think it will be the MASSEY, the new combine AGCO is coming out with is an upgraded 8780xp. I have heard it will have accelerater rolls. I am thinking CAT motor and other changes. I would not be suprised to see the CAT in one and CUMMINS in the MASSEY. I have heard CAT dealers would still sell lEXION combines if they wanted to. One thing for sure they will do what ever they need to.

BIG_TRUCK

IF ClAAS DOES MOVE INTO YOUR MARKET BIGTIME YOUGUYS SHOUlD ENJOY PRODUCT SUPPORT SECOND TO NONE IF HERE IN TH U.K. IS ANYTHING TO GO BY.WE RUN A 900 FORAGER AND 430 lEXION,108Sl COMBINES,THE ODD TIME WE HAVE NEEDED A PART THAT THE lOCAlDEAlER DIDN,T HAVE I,VE SEEN THEM BROUGHT TO THE FIElD BY TAXI FROM AN AIRPORT. THATS ClAAS PRODUCT SUPPORT OVER HERE.