Combines Where does this leave usIJIJIJ

robbie

just recieved a sucessful farming newsletter , 1 of the articles was about Claas purchasing Cats 50%share in the nth american joint venture header factory

Coors_light

kp, I understand your frustration but, please contact your Cat dealer, you will be interested in knowing the latest information regarding the future of the "Cat" lexion combines and their new manufacturing facility in Omaha, Nebraska. If your salesman is at all unclear on the smallest of details, have them put you in a three way with their Ag sales manager and have them consult with their factory rep if needed, you won't be disappointed. Please do not take too much of what is being said in the discussions on this site seriously, there is an awful lot of speculation from folks who don't know too much, trust me. Right now, this site is not a useful tool for assisting with sound financial decisions, your dealer will really help you out more than any. Good luck!

dakota

Coors is right, your CAT dealer is the first one to be asked. If he did a good job in the past, he will most likely do it in the future. I am sure Claas will do anything to keep the dealers and customers supplied and keep growing after this great start of the lexions. Claas has put decades into trying to get into the American market. They don't let go. We have bought four brand new 470s just before CAT sold the Challenger factory and got real concerned, too. last week four CAT service man were in our yard setting up the machines for harvest. We were impressed by everything we have seen and are very optimistic that it's going to be better than with Deere.

Blackie

Iwas concerned too about the changes going on at Cat. We have just traded a Claas 98 combine for a new Cat 450 at the end of the year. But I feel alot better now since the purchase of the Omaha plant by Claas.I think that I would like to see the green and white lexions better than the yellow and black lexions. Just my opinion. I think too that Claas will want to stay strong in the North American market. If you check out Claas' year end financial report on the web, you will read that the building process of the combines are changing in that components of the combines are being built so that they can be shipped to other plants ,such as Omaha, to be assembled as whole machines as ordered. I think that presently, basicly whole combines are shipped to Omaha for Cat. Surely it must be cheaper to ship parts and unassembled machines via containerized cargo than whole assembled machines. But granted, there needs to be better PR from Cat_Claas to the public to erase any misconceptions of the future direction of the companies. I bet the time period between the Cat_Agco announcement and the Claas announced purchase of the Omaha plant didn't do much to help sales much. I hope that somebody from Cat _Claas reads these posts and realize what the feeling is out here in the countryside

Cutter

The majority of what is being accomplished at the Omaha plant is constructing combines from components not finishing whole products.

BIG_TRUCK

DON,T YOU GUYS WORRY, lOOK AROUND YOUR BIG CITIES FUll OF MERCS, BMW AND AUDII,M FROM NORTHERN IRElAND BUT NOBODY DOES IT lIKE THE GERMANS!!AlSO A lITTlE BIRD TOlD ME TO WATCH OUT FOR 500 lEXION WITH JAGUAR 900 FORAGER 605HP ENGINE"AIN,T NO SUBSITUTE FOR HORSE!!!".

budman

kp, I agree with Coors and some of what dakota is saying. You need to have a long talk with your Cat dealer and see if their dealership is staying in the Ag business. If he saying yes and he promises he is going to stand behind those combines then make sure when you do the deal have him write out a seperate contract stating this. The only reason I say that is because I have had the same promises made to me right before my local CIH dealer closed his doors and I got stuck. He was just wanting to clear his lot before the last day and I with several neighbors now do not have anyone close for service. I wish I would not have been lied to.