Combines CAT 470 Value used

Coors_light

That's not that bad of a deal, financed or cash, especially with header. The 470 is slightly larger than, and comparable in performance to the JD 9750 STS. When conditions get tough, the lexions really shine over the competition, no matter the moisture content and field conditions.

TJ

Spoken like a CAT Salesman. In reality, no one knows the value of a 470. The machine is new, less than two years and now it has an uncertain future. The value, is whatever you as a buyer are willing to risk and the dealer is willing to accept.

Bigsky

You got me thinking. Just like 20 years ago, bought a N7 Gleaner. Should have bought the 8820 Deere then.

vikes

I am very hurt that you are comparing a 470 with an N7. They are not in the same league. It is true that maybe the price will not be there, but it might be worth more to you to keep it then as it is a good machine.

Bigsky

But thats what they told me about the N7 when it was new........Its going to have more resale value than the Deere. Would I have to go 200 miles for parts for the Cat, as I had to with the Gleaner in the end. I also do not need a dealer(dosn't matter what color) that never has pars on stock. I hate when they say.......we can order that part for you.......be here tommorow. I've had them tommorow's turn into weeks in back ordered parts. Whats the experiance with you cat owners.....has parts been fast to getIJ

budman

You bring up a lot of good points. It is really hard to tell what the resale value of the Cat combine will be in 6 to 12 months. You might just be buying a White Elephant. If I was you I would either stay way low on price or walk away. Because if your resale disappears faster than what useage you get out of the machine, then it was not a good purchase. You have to decide that. Good luck