Combines lexion Combines

New2Gleaner

Having owned a Claas 106 conventional, I can vouch that there is NOTHING similar between a Claas 106 and a lexion, other than that familiar green paint (under the yellow). Claas has a reputation of not sticking around for the "long haul", but hopefully this trend has changed with the establishment of a plant in Omaha. I do agree with you, however, on the mindset of some of CAT's most faithful followers. I doubt if Claas would have had much of a chance in the North American market, and even less of a chance in the Australian market, had CAT not got involved. Also, having witnessed a 485 in action against an R72 and STS9750, I still failed to see a large enough capacity difference to warrant the extra cost (and unpredictable future) of the CAT.

Farmbuddy

What has changed since the 1980's Claas combinesIJ Nearly everything from front to rear. New Flexheaders with Hall effect non-contact position sensor on auto-contour sensors. Heavy duty knife drives, better reels and end dividers. Best cornheads on the market, now with Poly points. Hydraulic HD feederhouse reversers. Best rock protection available on a combine, followed by the benefits of the syncronized APS, backed up by hydraulic positioned concaves with overload protection. High turret unloading systems, longer axial end discharge augers, Cat class wear components in the augers and grain elevators. Commercial class chaff spreaders and choppers, deep tooth corn chaffers. Mobil tracs, wide spaced duals, 28l 26 rear tires. More comfortable cabs, wider driver seats, automatic crop adjustment. laser pilot. Cat service, Cat parts distribution, and more to come. This ain't 1980s anymore!!!

Illinois_Gleaner

I agree with you that everything has change from front to the rear since the 80's. The same holds true of a Gleaner,it has the same color and that is about it ,compared to the old N5,6,and 7s but everyone still holds that against Gleaner. I have heard numerous people say I had a N6 back in so and so year and all I had was trouble and I would never drive a Gleaner again. I think the same will hold true when Claas comes back with there true colors. You and everyone else have to admit if it were not for the name and color of paint there would'nt be half as many as there is out there now. Illinois Gleaner

cat_lover

I think everybody has there on way of seeing the (lIGHT) and to me the cat combine will always be the best combine in the U.S.A for capacity,performance,and productivity that is the bottom line!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (CATlOVER)

Coors_light

True Illinois Gleaner but, the Cat lexion will luckily remain as a Cat branded product with the same Cat paint job!

silver_blood

I ran my R72 with a 36'macdon and a 485 Cat with a 36'macdon together in 38 bu. wheat for a week. the Cat never cleaned as well and contiually required sieve adj to keep from loosing grain as far as capacity it could run with the gleaner but the grain loss increased dramaticaly. it also broke down almost as much as we ran it. the Great Cat service wasn't so great in ND. always waiting on parts and always had to fix it myself. Also it started with 300 hrs the Gleaner had over 1200. Sorry if it bust your bubble but its the truth and thats the bottom line. I hate to run it down because it did out perform the new deere 9650sts we ran with them.

claasman

I actually would have bought a new lexion sooner if Cat had stayed the hell out of the combine market. I would have put my 108 Claas up against any class 6 combine out there. I am looking foward to dealing with a company that's primary business is Ag. To bad we cannot get a dealer network that is more ag oriented to handle the lexion. I am looking foward to getting my combine in that sexy green and orange again. Then the lexion will match the colors of the worlds best forage harvesters that share the shed with it in the winter. Hurry up on this color change Helmut, I am getting tired of my fading yellow paint :)

ferge

You mentioned class 6 combine - does anyone know the specs of the various classes of combinesIJIJIJ Is it hp, grain tank size, capacity, etc - what is a class 8 combineIJIJ

agcoman

I believe that the classes are mostly based on hp and gain tank size. Class 6 specs would be about 240 bu. grain tanks and 270 hp. Examples would be the JD 9650, NH TR99, Case IH 2388, Gleaner R62, MF 8780, and Cat 460_465. I don't know if there are any class 8 combines, however, the Gleaner R72 and Cat 480_485 would be near the class 8 mark.

Illinois_Gleaner

For how longIJIJIJIJIJIJIJ 1 maybe 2 years not much longer then that I bet. Illinois Gleaner