Combines Bi Rotor questions for Farmbuddy

ROSTER

After reading the posts on Combine Talk Show a couple of months ago, I also ordered a copy of the book from Amazon. Interesting read, those guys really were committed and believed in the thing. My feeling is that it will resurface again- Deere purchased the design, etc. but I don't think the patents for the basic design would extend beyond the standard 17 years from initial filing. If Deere doesn't utilize the design somebody else will someday- if it really works as well as it sounds. In some ways its too bad Deere was the one who bought the design- they are very deliberate and slow to introduce new product lines. After all, they worked on the STS's for 20 years, and they haven't owned this design for half that period yet. The fact that Deere bought the design (for alot of money) gives me reason to believe that we will see it someday. The stories of Deere buying the design just to sit on it are probably as truthful as those about the oil industry buying the patents for the 100 mpg carbs from the 1970's.