Combines auction results

minnr62

Why do you feel things went so reasonable IJ Is the farm economy starting to slow down there IJ Did other items on the sale go cheap IJ

Silver_Bullet

Now I'm depressed...THAT was a STEAl! I would say that was $25-30,000 under what it was worth on a dealers lot. But, I guess that is what auctions are for. Flex head sold in line and maybe a little soft on the cornhead. The big ticket items are not selling very well anywhere no matter the color. Although, compared to some green machines, that R62 sold fairly well.

Mike

Maybe not as bad as you think. Probably a little soft on the box, depending on options. If it was bare bones, 30.5, no yield mon, no Smarttrac, etc, $58,000 might have been low, but not unreasonable. The '97 I just traded with duals, RWA and Smartrac with 730 seperator hours is setting on my dealers lot for $80,000. Duals, RWA and Smarttrac are probably worth at least and extra $15,000 if not a little more. Platform and Hugger went well. Bought my new 830 flex for $22,000. Paid $14,000 for a 1994 830 Hugger that was a 9.5 on a 10 scale. What was the location of this saleIJ

venturis40

in december i was at a consignment auction in northern nd and there were 5 gleaners if i'd have had 100k i could have brought home all of them an n-6 $8,500 r-50 green stripe $16,500 r-60 green stripe $19,500 r-70 green stripe $24,200 and r-70 orange stripe $24,900 all with under 2000 separator hrs.

Illinois_Gleaner

Just east of Decatur Hammond Ill. Nearest dealer was Don Morr

Illinois_Gleaner

Yea I think the economy is slowing down. But shouldnt it. With the prices where getting everything went way to high. John Ferguson

T__langan

Whenever you debate the Deere guys on machinery, they will always play their trump card - the resale value thing, when you get them backed into a corner. I wonder how much longer they will have that card in their hands with the recent dramatic drop in their combine resale valuesIJ

bm

The only problem with the Deere reasale value is that there are so many more combines sold new compared to everyone else (except maybe CIH) that there are tons out there. Anyone can go anywhere and get a super cheap 9600. Heck, you could buy a 9600 as cheap if not cheaper than a 9400 same year.

IHCfarmer

I would not pay anything for a pass and mash JD when you can go buy a good Allis Chalmers Gleaner or IH Axial Flow.

Greg

$16000 US. for an F2IJIJ. Isn't that a little muchIJ I've seen N6's sell for as low as $4000 CAN. up here.