Combines 9880STS

Coors_light

Funny, that's the same problem the 96 and 9750 STS's have in the states. Since there is basically no difference (threshing, seaparation and cleaing wise) between the 96 and 9750 STS and the Euro 9880 STS, other than greater engine displacement and more horsepower (plugging power),why spend all that money on a machine just to have it plug itselfIJ Atleast with the lexions, everything increases proportionally and their hybrid design of coventional threshing and rotary separation lends itself to improved fine-tune and on the fly adjustments and having its settings matched much more closely to the crop conditions than the capabilities of competitive machines.

homer

Oh what ever! That post shows that you don't know Jack about STS combines. The ignorance is just dripping from your words. Go back to your soon to be lime green lexions, cause you won't be able to give the things away in a few years, while the STS is guarrenteed to be here for years to come.

BIG_TRUCK

MAYBE SO MY FRIEND I,M ACTUAllY A JD FAN, BUT THE 9880STS CAN,T HOlD ON TO THE lEXIONS HERE IN UK BECAUSE OF OUR YIElD_ACRE!!

Coors_light

Homer, how old are yourIJ Your posting above eludes to immaturity and lack of combine knowledge, of which you so freely spout!

homer

If you want to compare knowledge, bring it on. I'm pretty confidant I can hold my own with you, or anybody else. My experianceIJ I've probably operated more combines in more States and Provinces than you've been to. I'm not blowing smoke here either when I say I've been through enough, it would have probably killed most people, you included. And I've also learned that you don't find out alot of it by just sitting in the seat of a combine (no matter what color). I've seen people test drive STS's and all they were interested in was trying to plug them. You just feel like shoving that orange handle up their @ss. There are people out there that have bought $300,000 machines, and it's just like their VCR, the clock is blinking, cause they don't know how to set it. Then they shoot off their loudmouth about how crappy the combine is, to all their neighbors and whoever will read their crap on some message board. Then to top it all off, they rip off a name of a pretty decent beer. Makes me want to puke. BTW, nobody questions my age, maybe you get checked every time you order a coors liteIJ

BIG_TRUCK

THANKS HOMER, ITS 7.00AM HERE IN N.IRElAND ANDI,M NEARlY WETTING MYSElF lAUGHING, CHEERS!!

New2Gleaner

Touche, Homer!!! And judging by Coors light's (pro-lexion and anti-Deere) comments on other pages, I'd question if he ever sat his sorry @ss on an STS! It seems to me that CAT has a form of a "cult-following". It simply amazes me how "yesterday's junk" (green-Claases) can suddenly transform to "todays finest", simply by applying a layer of CAT yellow paint and a few decals!

Europcombiner

I've been testing different combines here in Europa for several yrs. Seen from my experence, the rotors are unbeatable in dry crops and only little straw. As soon we get just a little dow they get stock very fast, and if they just see some weed or gren straw they slow down very fast, or let the grain out'a the rotor. The last years we also have troubles with the Ami star, that keep the straw gren for higher yield. The Walker models never get up at that high capacity as the rotors, but they are much more flexible, and eat nearly everything, including grass seed and weeds. On top of that they start an hour earlier + goes on 2-3 hours later than rotors. My conclution is, when the season comes to the end, the walker machines has done more Ha. without leaving any difficult crops beyond. After the headers have grown to 25+'', I have noticed the tendens on MF and NH walker models to thres in two rows, one in each side of the machine with very little material in the middle on the machine. It's also vissible in the header and main elevaror, where the painting is rubbed away in the sites, but not in the midle. I'd like to hear any coment on this topic

Coors_light

Actually, I have owned JD combines for quite some time and have only recently (2 years ago) added a Cat lexion 485 (with 1230 corn head and F30 flex head). What I have noticed over the recent years is that the Deere combines just simply do not conform consitently to grain quality standards without continuous adjustment. We demoed a 9750 and it did not come close to yielding productivity enough to warrant its price (we have long been Deere customers so we did not qualify for the huge bounties like others I know). JD efficiency certainly is not on par with the Cat. many say they do not worry about fuel efficiency when it comes to harvest but, when you find out how much you save you will. We always look for savings and ultimately productivity and uptime. The ability to now harvest 4000 + bushels of corn consistently improves my farm's overall level of productivity and permits me to capitalize the additional trucks needed to haul the grain away. I am doing more with that one Cat than I can with my two other 9600 and 9650 CWS and I plan to trade them for another Cat lexion. I even took a tour of the lexion plant two weeks ago, just to see if it were still going to remain after all the recent industry activity. From what I saw, discounting all the crap my local JD dealer told me (his source was dead wrong - JD Corp.),that plant is up and running, with an entire assembly line full of combines soon to be ready to ship (hopefully one will be mine). From what I saw, now that Claas is the owner of that plant and Cat lexion market, they have an excellent opportunity to continue to sell their combines through Cat dealers. I no longer listen to the folks on the street becasue they have been so wrong on this one. let the Cat people explain it to you, they do it better than you JD dealer or JD company man. Besides, as your JD person how much they will give you for your Cat (they aren't even giving money for their own used equipment, Cat sure is for JD equipment. So, if that mean I am in a cult, watch, the VooDoo is about to start come harvest.

tj

So, which CAT Dealer do you sell forIJIJ Is it Wagner in ColoradoIJIJ Nebraska MachineryIJIJ FoleyIJIJ