Combines Yield monitors

Zig

Sorry about the second posting. My computer did not show the first one until the second one was posted.

Rob

What you want to do a Ag leader 2000 yield monitor would work well. They have a program that when they trade in a 2000 for the new 3000 monitor Ag leader rebuilds the 2000 before they resell them. I'm sorry but I don't know the price but if you call Ag leader at 515-232-5363 they will be able to help you. I also have included their web site, if I did it right as I new at this.

ham

I dont have personal experience yet, but the guys at this Precison Farming Site seem to mostly think Agleader is really good, and is the most verstaile choice And its what New Holland supply as original equipment http:__talk.newagtalk.com_forums_PrecisionTalk_index.html

DGJ

I'd recomend the Agleader PF3000 I've been using one since 1998 fitted to an Axial Flow and found it to be accurate and reliable, It also has the ability to control or map planting rates and soil sampling points.

budlight

Zig, Funny you mentioned something about agleader yield monitors. We are in the process of buying one also. We have priced a Agleader 3000 Pro, loaded with GPS and a light bar, all installed for $9200. What prices were u quoted. i would like to know what price u was quoted as well to see how comparable they were. We are going this week to buy it so if you could post some prices. thanks, Budlight

Zig

The list price on the 3000 pro without light bar, and installing it myself is 9,130. There is a 750 or 800 dollar discount if ordered before August 16th. One dealer said that the best he could do is list price, another dealer is trying to figure out a discount for me.

budlight

Zig, Thanks for the pricing information on the bar. Just curious on what size combine u have. We have a 9500 combine, a 6500 jd sprayer, and our own spreader truck. We do several acres with all 3 machines and feel the lightbar and monitor will help alot. I think the price of 9200 was a good one espically for the light bar and monitor, all installed. The light bar is 1400 just for it leaving around 7 something for yield. This one has all the mapping and the pc card. Thanks for the reply. budlight. I will let u know what we do settle on, we see another dealer on Tuesday so we will decide then.

skinnb

Zig The most important thing is to find someone who will give you good support. Since Case gets its receiver and yield monitor_sensors from Trimble and Agleader respectivly I found them not to be knowledgeable with problems. We run Trimble 132 receivers (on CG beacon)and Trimble lightbars. We use a Agleader 3000 (not the pro) with side mount moisture sensor. You can now get iPAQ's to record mapping or perscription applications. I've been messing with GPS for about 7 yrs. It's getting better all the time. Good luck.

Zig

I bought a 3000 Pro today. The dealer gave me a good discount. The price is $7,577. I was told the sample software comes with the system, but there is a $600 activation fee if you want it.

Chris

Go with an Ag leader monitor, and buy the elevator mounted moisture sensor. Go with the PF3000, or wait until next spring and buy the PF Advantage. It's got a nice display, it's easy to use, and you've got a choice of what software package to run.