Combines bin extensions

kbl

we have used crary bin extensions on our 1660 and 2166 with no problems. it adds about 80 bushels

buck

Crary sells an optional electric leveling auger which utilizes more capacity ,while better distributing additional weight.Auger quickly folds down for storage. Crary ph. 1-800-247-7335

MATT_NEMO

Our 4420 has a Hiniker bin extension. I think we can get 125 bushels of corn in it. All of the salvage yards in our area have them available cheap. Be careful of the added weight on the tires and axles. They get very top heavy!!!

dakota

I agree. Have you ever looked what weight the front tires are rated forIJ With a twelve row corn head on the front, your rear end is so light that the front axle almost carries the whole machine. Than you fill 330bu of corn on top of that. There is not a single front tire in this country even closely rated for what they do every day.

justin

The thing I think people don't realize is that bin extension was made to get you to the end of the field. Not to pile on as much as you could. I think they are helpful if used right, but I know how it goes during the season. Keep going.

greengoose

I agree with you on that one Big Green on our 9500 we have the sensor set at the same place it use to be when we had the little side extensions on... Only have the extension on for making it to the end of the field..not used as a grain buggy

caribou

Trelleborgs. I have 900_60-32's on my 8820 II. These tires are rated at 19,000 lbs load each. Put a 12 row corn head on, Crary extensions. No problems. Of course I am very opinionated that the 8820 is a better machine than the 9600. I've had no problems handling the 12 row- 30" head. I've got rear wheel assist and big Trelleborg's on the back also. As far as final drives I believe the 8820 had stronger drives than the 9600's, and is a lighter machine otherwise. Also this machine has extremely heavy front rims, it had these on when I got it. The bead is very thick, close to 1_2" thick. I've never seen anything this heavy on any other machine except a 9750 STS, must have a been a special option. I agree it is a good idea to just use to get to end or whatever. I always try to start unloading before hopper is completely full if possible.

dakota

Caribou, you've got a great setup. The 8820 is a fairly light combine. In addition it has the front axle further forward than later models. That helps carrying a heavy header without getting too light at the rear. The Goodyear and Firestone tires on most combines are rated only for 12,000 lbs. They get overloaded constantly. It is rather amazing that they last as long as they do. Just look at the 470 lexion. It's front axle is rated 41,800 lbs but the tires only 24,000 lbs together. look at the latest combines. How far back they place the front axle making it worse to carry those growing headers. The STS is the worst in that.