Combines rasp bars

Jamer

CIH recently came out with a new chrome alloy rasp bar for the specialty rotor that looks very good, but you didn't mention which rotor you're running and I don't think they're made for the standard rotor...anybody else knowIJ

gunner

The chrome alloy willwork the best for a speciality rotor but also for a standard also. The chrome alloy are exclent for standing up to sandy ground conditions too.

tj

We have been providing rotor bars with chrome alloy constituents to operators for about 10 years. We don't actually know how long they will last, since we don't know of anyone who has actually worn them out, as yet. life expectancy (we think) should be at least 2000 hours -- likely more than that. Disadvantage is that they are slightly more brittle than ductile iron standard bars. The front skirt of a bar may break a little more readily if you pick up a rock. On the other hand, if this happens, the broken pieces will be smaller and will do less damage to the rotor, concave, etc. We haven't had this happen much, but custom harvesters who work in Montana rocks appreciate these facts. HOpe this helps.

Dan

Removing helicals from belly of seperator side was one of first suggestions from Gleaner if there is rotor loss. Do you have stacked or shimmed helicals and or do you have green stem kit installed. How many rev bars. If you need F2 rasp bars I would install them as close as possible to cage ribbing for added strength. If you have helicals and cylinder bars set up for positive flow you may want to try the cage fingers that Gleaner sent with the machines for a time. I would say if you have concave plugging you would be smart to remove every other wire. Good luck.

Chris

Check with Sloan Parts, Worthington or Abilene Machine, - they have a selection of standard, hardened or hard chrome and I'm sure the pricing is better than OEM and quality just as good.

Farm_Kid2

I would keep the specialty rotor and put on the Gorden Bars. It's a great combination and you'll never wear them out because they are hard all the way through. Once the chrome is off the OEM bars they are toast.

M__Gorden

A set of 15 new threshing bars for a 1660 cost $945.00, including bolts and nuts. 15 Gorden bars replace 30 of the o.e.m. bars. So far, I know of no one who has worn out a set since they were first sold in 1991. I have a few sets of used Gorden bars for sale at 1_2 of new cost. These came from trade-ins and demo combines.

Farm_Kid2

I think the bars you saw might come from CIHIJ When you order the Extenda-Wear bars, they look quite a bit different than the chrome coated ones. I have a picture of the two side by side. Send me a email and I'll send you back the pic. The part number for non-spiked is 278821A2 and the spiked is 278820A2. They are much heavier, so you have to make sure you evenly distribute them around the rotor to keep your rotor balanced.

John_W

How about loewen. They make a lot of specialized stuff like that.