Combines Cover Plates

M__Gorden

The reason to use 3 covers is that not all of the crop is fed to the first concave. Some of the crop comes over the top of the cage and first enters the second concave. To order cover or to get more information, phone 1-800-745-1680.

Brady

A good place to get information on these types of upgrades is 1-800-667-5082. loewen Mfg can help with the parts you need.

Jack

ripe, To install cover plates it requires some hardware to be attached to the right side of the concave. So you will need to remove the concaves to get this done, once completed I think you will be very happy with your purchase. Jack in Minnesota.

M__Gorden

You should use 2 covers on the front concave and 1 cover on the front section of the second concave. The objective is to get enough of the beans threshed the first time through the rotor so you can open your lower sieve wide enough so nothing is returned for a re-thresh. This setting will result in a minimum of split beans and a grain tank sample that is acceptable.

Old_Pokey

Yes, cover plates are designed for that very thing. After you cover the first one, see how it goes. If you cover part of the second concave as well, you can start to slow the rotor down a little to help eliminate cracked kernels. If the cover plates still are'nt enough for what you wish to see in the tank, try cutting about 4" lower if you can, to use the straw to help rub the grain out. Also, make sure you keep the machine full and have a consistent load of material.

D

Yes Coverplates will help but put them on the first and 1_2 of the 2nd. How long has it been since you installed new or rebuilt concavesIJ The concave is the part that does the thrashing. 1500 hrs is the life of the concave. Give me a call at 1-800-235-4461, ask for Don and I think I can help you.

FR

I have never had the need to run cover plates ever I would pull every other wire out for corn set the roter at 360 and try it, for beans set the concaves like your going to thrash wheat very tight, speed the roter to 800 , close the seives and try it good luck.

D

Cover plates are ment to improve the thrash in hard to thrash crops. If your concaves are in good shape ( 1500 hrs or less ) you shouldn't need cover plates in beans. You don't need them in corn ever. Pull every other wire in n 2 and n3 concave. Install The Disrupter and spike bars in specility rotors and The Disrupter and scallop bars in conventional rotors. This is as good as it gets. Call me any time and I can give you some more tips that I think will help. Ask for Don at Estes Mfg. Co. 1-800-235-4461.

wolffman

I had to pull every other wire across entire concave to get rotor loss low enough in corn. In beans and wheat, I run 3 cover plates in front 1_2. Yes a new concave will help thresh, but a sharp concave will usually cause more kernal damage in corn. My grain loss monitor didn't even get into the green now that I pulled wires. Gorden's helical concaves look worth a try, I just didn't want spend the $2000 right now. Good luck CW