Combines Merry Christmas

tbran

Body of message: To all you guys, from the no-grass state (have I mentioned it has been dry hereIJ) Merry Christmas. May the lord richly bless each and every one of you in all your endevors for the next year.Twas the night before Christmas and all through the shed, not a Gleaner was stirring , 'cept Rolf's, it was heard said. The 50's and 60's were al snug in the stalls, while visions of being series two was dreamed by them all. The upgrades received in the bowels of their bellys, made all the other colors shake like a bowl full of jelly. So with upcoming harvests just being a snap, they all settled down for a long winters nap. When out on the field there arose such a clatter, all the engines cranked up to see what was the matter. When out of the fog before all the halogen lights did appear, a huge big red sleigh and .....Bob Ratlif and no silly rain Deeres! He jumped from his ride and with a power point screen, begain to show as options and standards all the things we for have dreamed. There were slick floor kits and shock kits and hump kits galore, super bar kits and cage kits and paddle kits and more. Cab features and oh so much he displayed, (course the old hydro handle, he said it will stay.) And then laying a finger aside of his nose, he said you know we already have most of those. But I tell you what I think we will do, will be make them all standard and give them to you. The bean counters went wild and reality set in, so he said "well its something to shoot for, its a problem we will mend. So folding his screen and boarding his sleigh, he took up reigns and started away. As he called all his horses, he knew them by name, he yelled "On Severs, Shumejda, Hazelton and Swingle (I had better stop now or I'll be in a pickle) As I fly out of sight for a Chrismas with friends, I say thank you all for a pleasant years end. You guys are great, as a brain trust you are unequalled, just wait til next year - see what we do for a sequel!!!!

T__langan

I do believe that's the best rendition of 'Twas the Night Before Christmas I ever heard! Thanks tbran! I'll also take this opportunity to say Merry Christmas to everyone here on Gleaner Talk Show. A special thanks to the Hurtts, Hyper Harvest, Hyper Harvest II, and tbran for the super mods for the Gleaners and all the help you've provided to me and others here. Thanks to lbran for keeping us posted that there are good, used Gleaners available and his willingness to deliver them anywhere in the world! ;) To Tom Russell, my compadre in the North (the Vikings and the Pack can cry on each other's shoulders after this season!). To Coug Fan for the terrific pics of Gleaners out in WA (sure am glad you are farmin' that country though!). To John Keller for all the help with the Fieldstar this past year. To SilverturnedGreen for turning Silver again! To Rolf for all the interesting things you have done with your machine and for providing us Yanks with harvest fun during our winter. To Bobby Grief for your committment to swing outs and the good ol' Hydro handle! To Illinois Gleaner for the video. And to Grainman, for the entertainment. And to everyone else here that has contributed in one way or another - that is what makes this site the best on the net. I look forward to another year of hearing about Meaner Gleaners. Thank you one and all!

Coug_Fan

tbran, I couldn't have said it any better! If you want to see where in the world Santa is with his "galvanized" sleigh, click on the link below. Merry Christmas everybody and I hope you all have a safe and successfull harvest in 2,000. Will try to make my rounds next summer and get you some more pictures from the Palouse.--Ray

The_Red

To you and all the forum members, I wish you all a Nice Christmas and a great New Year.

Dan

I too would like to wish all of you a Merry Christmas and all the best for 2000. Thanks for a the clean positive constructive conversation on this site. A special thanks to Marvin for setting up this site. Again I would like to wish you all the best from the Red River Valley of the North. Dan

tbran

you think that's coldIJ In tennessee i saw one rabbitt trying to jump start another one... or at least i think that's what he was doing.

T__langan

There goes the price of orange juice! One of my favorite beverages - ranks right up there with iced tea and Mountain Dew. Keep warm down there Gator - believe me, 13 degrees would feel balmy to us. Didn't get above zero today.

Bigsky

You guys are talking beach weather. Its been -40 here in the Canadian prarrie's for the last 5 days. Sunday morning woke up to -43. Dog took all of 15 seconds to do her thing, and back in the house in a flash. With a bit of a wind, it was -70 windchill factor. Warmed up this morning to -35 (4:00A.M). Now only if it would warm up another 5 degrees, a guy could go out and play some tennis, or maybe some vollyball, or maybe even put the convertible top down. Merry Xmas to all, and a happy New Year....from a good ole Canadian farmer.

guppy

Tom: Here in North Dakota we don't have that many mosquitos but 40 below sure keeps the rif-raf out. :) Merry Christmas Dean

MinnR62

It is so cold here in Minnesota that when the dairy farmers milk their cows this morning it comes out ICE CREAM !!!