Combines concave

gnu

Charlie: A rule of thumb to follow-- On concave crossbars 3_8" or more thick, leading edge radius should never exceed about 1_8". For an eyeball measurement, visualize the size of a BB.If leading edge radius approximates or exceeds this, the concave should be rebuilt or replaced.On crossbars under 3_8" thick, leading edge radius should not be more than approx. 1_2 of the size of a BB. To check crossbar height, lay a piece of 3_8" keystock against the back of the crossbar on top of the suspension wires. Crossbar height at that point should be about the same as the keystock thickness. last, the crossbars should be fairly straight, with no dips.

tj

Thanks guys, for the recommnedations. Wylie--I wrote a rather long-winded explanation concerning your post about 1_2 cylinder bars on an l cylinder below. Hope it helps.

Mark

Another company that makes an excellent HD concave is loewen who works closely with a Gleaner dealer and Gleaner operators on its products.

wylie

Thanks for the information. The wiley below is not the same guy as me. We may be long lost relatives but somewhere he started spelling his name wrong.

tj

Sorry about that Wylie--my dyslexia must have kicked in. Same thing sometimes applies to P3 processors in R series amchines in staight cut beans and high moisture corn.

NDDan

Depending on hours, crops, and conditions it has been threw will determine cage wear. Cage warpage or bulging is from constipation. If you run in a crop with very slow RPM and allow grumbling you will distort cage ect. You must follow directions found on this site to prevent such situations. Don't know about backordered bars for I'm sure we still have plenty in the bin. This late in the season if there was high demand for bars could cause a shortage!!!

guru

nz farmer what year 9600 have you got has it got the wires taken out of the top last quarter of the concave we found we had to put our corn inserts in to hold it in the cylinder a little longer we also done it with the 9610 we had worked well for us where in nz are youIJIJIJ

n_z_farmer

Hi It is a 1996 9600 ,I thought the rear inserts would hold more grain in the straw and carry up to the walkers!, we have tryed fitting a slow speed beater drive kit on backward= speeding the beater up this seemed to help. Was wondering If the later Concave had more off a wege shape Eg less gap as you go backIJIJ. We farm in mid Canterbury New Zealand