Combines Wheat harvest

tbran

Welcome and great job. IF ya want to tweak her up a little and really push the big D... it can be done!

Dave

What would I have to do to tweak up. I have been running the combine thur my dealers shop every other year. This R50 is a real pamper case, I run 100 acres of beans and 100 acres of corn per year. This year I will run about 350 acres wheat. Three years ago replaced bars on rotor, and the first part of cage. I had never ran with another combine until this year and the old feller suprized me. One question, last year I noticed some oil leakage on the rotor side of engine. Dealer said that some o-rings were the cause. I had him repair (leak gone) but was costly fix. What causes this type leakIJIJ Oh well leak is gone. Thanks for the reply tbran...

JFarms

There are alot of crews sitting between Jamestown and Montana right now but by next weekend they should be going. Our machines got out in the Dickenson area yesterday and started picking up durum today. 100+ degree days is going to make it get cut out quick but I'm sure you'll see machines running most of your way through ND on I-94.

Dakota

If your're going broke farming, your're going broke harvesting, too. There's not much wheat out there this year because of the drought. And since fuel got so high, margines are very, very slim.

cutter2388

Well good luck to you, The harvesting business is just as tough as the farming industry. With combines, supporting equipment, and the price of fuel being what they are and the price of wheat the way it is there is not much margain for price negotiation. Insurance is a good amount also. We have been in this business for 3 generations and the client list we have established is what enables us to keep trying to survive another year. It is a tough go but I can also say we have had several good years from time to time. It is a life style what I wouldnt trade for anything a great way of life.. I hope you the best of luck you never know all the harvest takes is being in the right place at the right time.

tf

Not much wheat in my area (Central Texas),but I saw one guy cutting wheat Saturday. Yes, it is very interesting how some guys are harvesting wheat, while others up north are months away....

Deerebines

I heard steckline say on the radio this noon that they were cutting around corpus cristi with test weights around 57 and 58. Criminy....I just watched ours shoot the first heads out last week. Some still catching up right now. Be safe fellars Deerebines

wheat_whacker

The wheat is turning pretty fast North of Dallas(army worms are speeding things up.). We are still about 15 days away. We are going to have to wait on the cheat and rye grass to dry it down so we can blow it out. WW

rf

We have some turning and green heads next to them I think I am at least 2-3 weeks away. Plus the rye and cheat will need to dry down as well. I am 25 miles NE of Dallas.