Combines header lift problem

MacTech

I've run into the same exact problem on a '80 N6 and haven't found the problem yet. Anyone else have an ideaIJ

MacTech

Would this be the fix if the header occasionally rises up quickly like normal, but usually reacts very sluggishIJ

tbran

I think we have this posted on the page under tips or upgrades right NatanIJ The problem is either the oring on the rate of raise poppet OR more than likely the oring around the SEAT of the poppet. The easiest way to remove this poppet is to get a small n12 bolt and swell the threaded end by trying to "nail" it into some metal. This small flare at the end can be inserted through the hole and used to pull the seat out. Replace the oring around the seat as this is the seat locator. What is happening is the seat is now moving with the poppet. Hey Natan, make a link to this... thanks

larry

Don't know how much I can help from here and am not a tech either. The codes Hho and P6, however, are listed as codes for future use in the 11_95 edition of 7-62471, the 2100 series Case IH service manual. Have you replaced the header control module itselfIJ If not, do you have one you could borrow that is known to workIJ My dealer would do and has done that for me. Shoot . . . if you were close, I'd even lend you my module for a try.

binder

Yes i have tried the header control module and in a few days it will do the same thing.Know i own three modules.I think it is in the wiring but don't know. But thanks for the help larry.

larry

A couple of other things you've probably already done too: 1. Tried a different A post (this can screw up the computer if it's malfunctioning) 2. Checked not only continuity, but resistance on the wiring.

Case_Farmer

YOu should talk to your case dealer and it sounds to me like your Header Brain is messed up It used to happen to us every year but the last couple new combines weve rolled we haven't had that problem your problem sounds familiar but its been a couple months since i was in combine mode lol but give that a shot

Case_Farmer

Whenever you calibrated the throat did you leave the head of and take it over a ditch and let it go really far downIJ When it came up your header height should have read 62 or something...close to that