Combines air foil

Mac

John: We installed a fixed airfoil in our 1688 last year prior to bean harvest. It was used, but I believe it is manufactured by "Harvest Services" in Saskatchewan. It has worked extremely well, especially a big improvement in winter wheat this summer. last year it worked ok in corn @ about 22% moisture, but my understanding is that it won't do corn higher than 25-28%

Rotor_man

We use Harvest airfoil chaffers in our 1480_1482. We really like them and use them for everything, flax,wheat, peas, beans, sunflower. You need to cover the front 8 inches of the chaffer with ripple tin and I highly recommend doing the Harvest mods to the shoe seive for better air flow to the airfoil chaffer.

tj

Are the airfoils the adjustable type, or the nonadjustable styleIJ The adjustable type sometimes has this problem.

Bub

we used them in our 7700 and 7720s and has those problems you have to give them a lot of air to work and not plug

Chad

loewen also manufactures one that comes with dividers welded into the chaffer, giving it additional strength, and they are galvanized. You don't have to bolt in the dividers either and hope they don't shake loose.

Joe

Air foils need more wind, Also many have the first 8 to 10 inches blocked off to cover a kind of dead spot in the air flow.

Murr

I had an airfoil sieve in a 7720 some years back and had no problem with it. You can cover the first part of it if spearing is a problem. I also had a Harvest Services concave in the machine as well. It did a better job threshing compared to the stock John Deere concave. I had to run more air on the airfoil and keeping it loaded helped a lot with separation. If you need more info you could try getting ahold of Harvest Services. They are located in Craik, Saskatchewan, Canada

sidewinder

I have had a 510, 750, 760 v8 and a 8780 and wouldnt be without an airfoil. Putting the airfoil sieve in there instead of that 3 sieve BS is the best thing you can do to them in my mind. Easy to set and boosts capacity. I run it in wheat, oats, barley, canola, soybeans, grass seed, alfalfa and sunflowers. All you do is put the full lenght airfoil on top and then the middle one is the one that becomes the bottom sieve (i think) and you have a round hole sieve up front at the bottom. The kit I put in is from harvest services out of saskatchewan. Its well worth the money. Ed

sidewinder

I've always put the fixed airfoil in. And is straight forward to do. Everything bolts in and you cut the last couple rows out of the bottom sieve. The instructions explain it all. Have you seen a massey with an airfoilIJ If you have any other questions let me know. Harvest Services number is 1-306-734-2601

Turbo

How does the air foil work in cornIJ I'm dissappointed in cascade shoe also as it is difficult to get return in wet soybeans because of plugged rear seive.