Top 10 Christmas Gifts for Farmers

Auctionguyyy

A Great post from the Titan Outlet Center Blog, the best Case IH Dealer I know in the upper Midwest !

It’s already December – as I found out clearer than ever as I stood in line at the post office yesterday – and we’re going to try to help you shop for the farmer on your “nice list”.

I’ve stumbled across quite a few blog posts that I’ll link to at the end of this post with plenty of great ideas, but I’m going to put my best bets down first with links to where you can buy these gifts. This is a top ten list, but it’s in no particular order – they’re all great gifts!

10) A quality flashlight. My favorite right now? The Gorillatorch by Joby. A quailty LED flashlight set atop an attached tripod with flexible legs and magnetic feet.

I also like headlamps – flashlights that attach to your head with an elastic strap. I like the Streamlight 61052 Septor LED Headlamp with Strap in Case IH red/black. These will keep your hands free and shine light on whatever you’re looking at – perfect for working on your combine while harvesting after dark or for small jobs in the shop where you need a bit more light.

9) Heated seat cushion. If your tractor has a 12 volt (cigarette lighter plug in),you’ll love this for moving snow in the winter (or those cold mornings in the combine). We found the Trillium TWI-1603 12V Heated Back and Bottom Seat Cushion at Amazon.

8) Overshoes for boots. These look like giant rubber flip flops, but they’re overshoes for your boots so you don’t have to take your boots off or put on full-on galoshes when you need to stop back in the house for something quick, provided you haven’t been knee-deep in mud all afternoon. These seem very convenient! I found these Shoe In Over Boot Stud Covers at Orvis:

7) Boot dryer. While we’re talking feet, let’s not forget how important it is to have dry ones. Whether you go to deep in the mud/stock pond/water tank or just get really sweaty, a boot warmer will get your boots ready for the next day. This one at Northern Tool will have your boots nice and toasty for you in the morning.

6) Solar charger. You’re out in the field a lot. You don’t always have your pickup or even the tractor to keep your phone, iPod, iPad, or whatever other gadgets you have plugged in to the cigarette lighter. The Ray solar powered charger has a suction cup and a movable kickstand so you can position it to get the most possible sunlight.

5) Magnetic wristband. No, it’s not one of those newfangled products baseball players are showing off that are supposed to align your shakras. This handy tool straps on your wrist and holds your metal parts while freeing up your hands to do the other work. Never wonder where your nuts and bolts are when repairing your combine again! I found the best deal on these at Amazon.

4) Shop Vac Tool Mate. You need a vacuum. You need tools. With this innovative product, you get both in one. Clean out the sunflower seeds from your tractor or combine or vacuum up the dust in your pickup and have your socket set handy.

3) Loggerhead Bionic Wrench. From Loggerhead: “The 10-inch Bionic Wrench is a remarkable patented hybrid of an adjustable wrench with the ease of use of a pair of pliers” – if you don’t have one of these, I’m not sure how you’ve lived without it. It fits a variety of different sizes, easing the load of tools you need to get a job done.

2) An impact wrench. Agriculture.com recommends the Ingersoll Rand 259G, and we don’t see a reason to argue with them. Hook this up to your air tank and you’ve got the speed of a NASCAR pit crew in your shop.

1) Milwaukee M2 Cordless Grease Gun. With a Lithium-Ion battery, this grease gun is billed as a more productive partner in keeping your parts lubed up and moving. Milwaukee makes a great product and we can’t imagine their new grease gun being anything but spectacular.

What’s on your holiday wish list? How about your shopping list? Let us know in the comments – happy shopping, folks

And if you really want to score some points, something from the Titan Outlet Center will make the farmer in your life very happy !

aginfo

Thanks, I think I need all of the above ha ha.