Combines Header size

SDman

Can't help much on the header_chaff spreader question, but yes you can put a tailings monitor on your 2166. Depending on the serialn of your combine, it can be just a matter of installing the monitor itself or you may have to install a computer chip in your cab instrumentation post.

Bigred

I have two 4WD 2366's and we run 30' CaseIH flex heads on them for both grain, and soybeans. We were advised by our dealer to put duals on, and they seem to work pretty slick. We don't transport with them on, and there is still some bounce when running flat through the fields with the headers raised. As far as harvesting goes, they are flawless.

mx270

better have at least a stalk chopper if you plan on using stock spreaders

Jake

We got an Unverferth header cart and it will track the pickup pretty close in tight area's. Our old cart takes a lot of room to turn. The new one will turn around on a country road if you have nice shoulders. It will also convert to handle about any head you want to haul. Jake

Brian

I have run a 2366 with a 22ft head for sometime. I think the head was a good match. Have been trailering heads for several years and would never consider going back. I put a hitch on the back of the combine so I can move by myself when I need to. If you move any distance with much traffic you will move faster and certainly safer.

Chuckm

We have a 1660 with a 25' 1010 header. Our previous machine had a 17.5' header and we moved with the header on. A major pain in any type of a traffic. With the 1660 we can put the head on or off in less than 5 minutes, and would never consider moving again with the header on. We made our header trailer ourselves from a John Deere bale trailer running gear we bought at a sale. Our total investment is less than $500.00 for the header trailer. A great investment in safety. Also, the thing that I like best about having a header trailer is your ability to have the header moveable at home. Not many shed doors will fit anything larger than a 17.5 footer and I hated having the header sitting there with no way other than the combine to move it. With it on a header trailer you can move it in_out of the shed (or anywhere for that matter) easily. Chuck

kp

Brian, I like your idea for pulling your header behind your combine. I don't suppose you have any digital photos to show how you did thisIJ Anyone elseIJ

red_greene

Just to let you know that I've run a 25' head for a couple of years on a 1666 with specialty rotor. At times I almost feel that it could handle more in 40-45 bushel beans and good going.

ndh

Here in North America the largest production header is the Honey Bee SP 42. It's 42' wide, thats total cutting length. There is a header in Australia that is a little bigger, I think its 46, but dont quote. Its a Mid Western I think.