Combines corn heads

tbran

will take more than torch and welder.. will take some $$ parts also.. many shafts are different between narrow and wide as well as drives.. you should be able to buy 430 a for 2500-3500 just have to use the wide rows for parts... or if you could find a junked or burnt narrow row to start with.......

wheat

What is the cost to rent a 12 roll, 30 inch. header for about 30 days in the mississisppi delta. delivered here. north of vicksburg.

greenstrat

check out the Bish website in the "attachments" column on the left side of the page.

colorblind

Plowboy the 643 and 693 heads are both 6 row 30" the 93's have been out for a few years now.The 43's were released about 1970 and were produced with few changes for more than 20 years. I have run the same 643 for 27 years with very few problems. I wouldn't hesitate to adapt it to a red combine, several people have with good results.Others prefer the cutting action of the Case knife rolls and find the Case gearboxes easier to service, the rolls come off much easier. For your reference a 644 would be a 6 row wide I assume there is a 694 but i've never seen one.

nd_mike

three numbers in the head number: first number is the number of rows second number is the model of head third number is row width (3=30",4=36_38") a 693 would be a six row, 90 series, 30" head. a 444 would be a four row, 40 series, 36_38" head. the second number will be either a 4 or a 9 the 4 series was built for many years and the 9 series is the most recent model using poly rather than the metal snouts. very good heads with only minor improvements made over the years. I hope my explanation is clear and accurate.-mike

Camaro92Z

If you're interested, I have an older 6R30" row CaseIH model 1063. New row units 1500 acres ago, very good condition, has field tracker driveshaft.$7900. 740-363-4949

guru

you have the numbers sorted out well from the last two postings...the later model corn front had a couple of changes made one was the chain drives on the ends were put in to a oil bath and the shafts that hold the snapper rollers now have two roll pin holes if you find one with both these feature you are up in to the later models you will find the serial numbers on the left hand side end panel these heads just keep on going going and going maintain the grease in the gearbox and there will look after you and when the time comes it is simple to rebuild we have it down to 2 hours of the machine till back on replacing all bushs and bearing in main gearbox area good luck

MX240

Purchase 90 series DEERE head. We have run red heads until this past season we went to 893 what a difference. Worked much better and quieter.