Combines 1440 worth

1640man

I would think a machine that size with those low of hours would be around 15,000. It depends some on your local area. In my area the smaller machines get disscounted since most guys think they are too small. That is how I picked up a 1640 for a really resonable price compared to an 1660. It is great if you can get by with the smaller machine but if you have to pay a dealer his price you would be better going to the bigger machine.

tile4u

I've seen these machines bring anywhere from 15 to 20 thousand. It might sound high but a low hrs. machine is well wearth the money.I see the 1460 at Tipton Ind. a couple weeks ago brought 29,100 with both heads. Would have brought more if I was there! 1500hrs. a lot of life left in that one. If you find good machine, pay a little extra ya won't be sorry. As far as a rock trap goes you can find them at salvage yard between 1-2 thousand not hard to install either.

JWK

Here are a couple of things to think about. 1. Are your ground conditions contain rocks ( Small or larger) 2. Does the 1440 have the Manual or Elec.over Hyd type systemIJ Since I had a 1460 with Manual system. I know you could harvest soybeans without a rock trap. You use the cable system to adjust the cutter bar to a lower position so the sickle is more in an upright position. I believe without a rock trap you have better capacity with the machine. Feel free to ask more questions.

hayman

Where do you find all of these rock traps at salvage yardsIJ I'd like to find one for a 2166. BTW We are selling our 1460 w_ 20' 1020 and 963 heads. located Central OH.

danoo

I would like to know about your 1460 the age the hours and the condition and the price and i really don.t neet that big of heads will you sell combine without heads Thanks Dan

hayman

I dropped you an email with some details, let me know if you got it and if you are interested. Thanks