Combines problems

beet

not sure what netscape is RED .we are having trouble with the computer . i think the wife has a doctors appointment for it on the weekend may be he can fix it 's illness.talk to you later.

larryNCKS

Could be you need a belt tension adjustment or a new belt.

little_al

Thanks, I have a new belt on there but it could need adjusting.Would the clutchs in the pto gear box need thighten or would that effect the rotor rpm.

little_al

I'm sorry i forget to mention this is on a 1680.Which is the best way to adjust the rotor beltIJ run the belt in to the slowest postion then tighten or does it matter.

larryNCKS

Yes, it does matter. With the rotor drive pulley's all the way open, rotor slow as it'll go; adjust the driven pulleys so that a 3_8 inch key stock will just fit snuggly between them at their centers. This is accomplished by loosening four bolts on the back of the rotor gear case and drawing it to the left with the big draw bolt. Rotate the pulleys ocassionally to allow the belt to find it's depth as you tighten the draw bolt. You really need to consult your owner's manual for this proceedure. If you don't have one, I suggest you get one. The only adjustment on the rotor clutches themselves is hydraulic operating pressure. For this, you'll need a service manual or someone who knows how to do it. It is unlikely that this is your problem anyhow. If the clutches were slipping that badly, they'd burn up in short order.

farmmer_k

Where is there a picture of these sharktooth grates at to take a look at them. How many sickel sections should a guy put in a 1660 with keystock grates and it has a specality rotor in it.

larryNCKS

Post this as a new subject. Perhaps someone will have an answer for you. I am not familiar with the options you're asking about.

little_al

I adjusted the belt like the owner manual said.I used the 3-1_4 inch measurement between the pulleys like the manual said. I tried it but only picked up a few rpm's. I measured again at the pulley like before and the measurement was back were i started at around 3".I have come to the conculsion that maybe i need a new rotor belt. I didn't change it like i thought i did,it was the pto(outside) belts. I think the rotor belts is worn and not wide enough it lets the belt ride to deep in the pulley to get top speed, it needs to ride next to the edge of the pulley. How hard is the rotor belt to change. do i need special toolsIJ

larryNCKS

The only special tool required will be the torque spring compressor and bolts that is shipped with every new combine. If you didn't buy your combine new, you may have to find one of these. I have a spare that I'd sell if interested. It takes about 45 to 90 minutes for an experienced rotor belt changer to do the job. Make sure you follow proceedure on this or you could end up with one heck of a mess.