Combines shaker bushings

johnboy

Drop them in hot water for a few minutes and they should slide on a clean shaft.john

Tom

Make sure the arm is in the center of travel before tightening everything. Tom Russell

Curt

Thank's for the help, that did the trick soaking them made them plyable enough to go on. I still had to slide them over a deep well socket to get them closer to the diameter of the shaft. Then I put a coupler over the socket and pryed them on with a bar.

ricefarmer

It is very important.All the timing process takes is to have all your arms in the middle position before you tighten them down.If you tightend them in the front or rear position it would overwork the bushing causing premature failure.

shellman

Couple of cautions to add. First, consider updating to the cast spider support for the drive pivot. Much stronger and better than the c channel upgrade of a couple years ago. The cast spider is now standard on all machines and can be retrofitted back to the 1400's. Second, if you did any work to the hex drive shaft make absolutely certain that the shaft is square in the machine. Third, make sure that the shaker shoe is also ablosutely square in the machine. Both of these merely require simple application of geometry by picking known reference points to form a rectangle and measure the diagonals. If they are equal you're square. last and final test is to turn the big drive pulley on the right side of the machine by hand before installing any belts, etc. You should be able to rotate the shoe through a complete cycle by hand without any binding. If you can't the parts are not square and premature failure of the dirve_shoe and sieves will occurr.

Big_Al

look them all over real close if you see some of the rubber is cracked or broken it is time to replace them. I have replaced mine at about 1500 rotor hours just because I think it is time . Hope this helps

Greedy_Guts

If there is any noise coming from the shaker at all, I would definately change the bushes. Our 1680 operating in Northern England cracked the upper sive hanger. My neighbour who also has a 1680 has also had problems including the upper sive being thrown out of the back of the combine. We have found it is worth while changing the 4 main bushes every 2 seasons - the 2 on the tennis rackets and the 2 on the bottom of the arms which have the needle bearings in the middle.

randj

if you even think they are close to needing to be replaced do it. a couple of loose bushings will totally destroy a cleaning system. believe me its happend

iaremec

you have to remove sieves to hold bottom bolt. if you intend to keeep combine ,i would install slow down kit for sieves. about 275 . it brings the 2100 and first 2300 to the current speed of sieves. in other words it slows them down. change all the bushings and bearings in the cross shaft. then should last a lot longer.