Combines straw spreader

Dan

Roger, Do you have a chopper and or are the blades and knifes in good condition. Check to see that the channels on spreader have the ribs pointing to the direction of travel. I have saw many spreader put together wrong in that the channels are flipped over and the straw just falls off and don't get spread worth a hoot. You can angle them channels in slots to get more or less spread. There is a dual spreader option that can be installed. I have saw them channels fliped over on many machines all the way up to the R60 and R70's with the dual spreaders. Good luck. Dan

tbran

Dan, found an example just as you described a week ago. We still had problems with green damp straw spreading to the right far enuff. Customer added four pieces of an old "B" belt about 4" longer than the flaps and bolted it to the front of each flap.Curve of belt "hooked" to right. We then "X"'d the paddles (max adjust two opposite paddles to right and two others to left. We then hung a 6" belt from haybaler_ the width of the discharge chute down from the back about 5" (be careful here as we plugged the chute with one cut too long!) This kept the green straw from hitting too far out and sliding off the ends of the paddle too quick. After all this the straw dried down and as of Sat. he didn't need any of this...... But we know what to go for the nest time.. hope this helps.. oh yeah ran spreader next to fastest speed

Unit_2

frankie, When I went from the short plastic bats to the tall ones I really couldn't tell much difference. When I went to the curved bats I could finally spread the stray. If they spread to far for you just put the right spinner on the left side and the left spinner on the right side and it will be just right. K.A.

rod

The curved bats are the way to go. Don't spend the money at Case. Either cut 4" ABS (sewer pipe) in half and bolt it on or we went with 4" exhaust pipe from a truck supply shop cut by a buddy with a plasma cutter. We copied the curved pattern exactly for a quarter of the cost. Don't cut the steel ones all the same, there are 3 left and 3 right. Good luck. Rod