Combines Reel Speed

tbran

If your combine has the single pulley 71133885 you can find a 71190670 dual pulley - about double the size - and use the big pulley.

Deerebines

rf Your not in as much trouble as you think. I had the same problem on my 6620. Take that steel plate off that the knob goes through to control reel speed. You'll see that deere used a short little piece of rubber hose and two hose clamps.....one clamps the end of the short hose to the shaft that you are turning and the other end of the hose is clamped to a short shaft sticking out of the speed control. What happens is that oil gets in there around that hose and makes it slick and then round and round the knob will go and not make a diff on your reel speed. Now my 6620 was a turbo series.....this is assuming the TII are the same. All I did was tighten the living heck out of the two hose clamps and it fixed the problem for me. You may want to replace that short piece of hose depending on how oil soaked it is. After you get it all back together then remember not to get carried away turning the knob one way or another. Should work then. let me know if that helps. Take care

rf

Deerbines I did not have time to get into this yesterday afternoon however I did look at the plate where the knob is. Where are the bolts to take it offIJ I notice a couple at the rear of the cab. Are they hidden behind something elseIJ I did not see any toward the front around the gear shift or around the throttle and cylinder adjustment. Thanks again for the help

Deerebines

rf I believe there's one phillips head screw on the backside of this plate at the top. Back somewheres where that sticker is that tells your grain bin capacity and such. Then....pull the insulation down that's below this plate....where your concave adjustment dial is.....you should see bolts or nuts....can't remember which for sure.....behind the insulation towards the top....right under the plate. If I'm not mistake you'll also need to pull down the insulation on the front side where your lever is that throws the machine into action and there's a bolt there to take out as well towards the top....right under this plate. That plate is pretty heavy....don't know why deere made it like that. A piece of light sheet metal would of worked but this jewel isn't going to bend in half on you. I think there's something like one bolt in the front.......3 across the side next to your legs under that insulation....then the phillips head screw towards the back of the plate by the sticker...that should get you taken apart. Try this and let me know--(I hope this wasn't confusing!)

tbran

Curt , the 320 is driven by a pump on rh sideIJ rightIJ if so a pump driven by a chain, check it out, supplies oil which is throttled by a rack_pinion driven by a electric motor that opens or closes supply. Either oil is heating and thus loosing volume or problem is electrical. Set it and unplugthething. See if it still slows down. Filter is ok rightIJ Full of oilIJ Do you have full range from 0 to hyperspeedIJ Only other thing I can think of is oring on spindle loose and part in orfice or other mechanical problem letting pintle move as in clutch.. Helter skelter here but let us know more and will try to help.

Curt

It's driven with a unit that looks similar to the unit that drives the variable header speed. That's the best explainsion I can give. Running it full speed will start the threshing process earlier than one hopes, but it works fine most of the time. It's like it hits hard on the pipe on the cutter bar or heavy beans or something then it slows down. It's not hydrostatic and I know the filter is fine. Is it possible it needs bleeded outIJ That is what it acts like. like it works but not with reliable pressure, and I'm not seeing any leaks. I would try your idea about unplugging it but we got a spell of rain for this whole week. Thanks for the info so far. Curt

Hyper_Harvest_II

Curt, Is this truely a Series III 320 FlexheadIJ You mention that it has a variable speed drive similar to header variable speed.This makes it sound like you have a Series II Floating cutterbar(Hart-Carter Gen.III as some call it.)If this is the case are you running a Conventional machineIJ If so,depends on how new your machine is and which hyd. system you have.Either system may have a poppet letting oil leak by,which lets reel slow down.Worst problem is it could be either fast or slow poppet side causing problem.Another problem that I have encountered on the older hyd. systems(M2-22100andprior,l2-19500andprior)is that there can still be some magnatism holding poppet off of it's seat even though you are not operating switch.This is cured by installing anti-magnetic washer in bottom of sleeve that poppet and spring set in.Fustrating I know and can be hard to find.Did the variable speed on the cornhead want to slow down if you are hooking the same hose to variable speed on combineIJ(Applies only if this is a Conventional machine.)

Curt

I was under the impression this was a series three head, you described what it looks like exactly. All I know is that I have never seen a header cut and float as nice as this one (of course I have not seen that many different grain heads). I can't be positive but I think I could out cut the John Deere's in my area with this machine. I gotta give everyone credit for helping me with this. Back to your question yes this is a conventional machine it's an M2, and no the header variable speed doesn't slow down. We just put all new seals in the header variable speed. It is prior to the 22,100, and all the selenoids look the same as the older M style. I don't really know that much about the new verses old. I don't think that it is a voltage problem because the variable header doesn't slow down.