Combines Tractor

craig

I have a 9280 with 1500 hours, great tractor, very good on fuel. That 9282 has a different engine than mine. I have the old l10 (great engine),on the 82 series, they switched to a C series engine. We have one of the motors in our tandem truck. The l10 is a better engine. The hydraulics are bit slow for our airseeder, I guess that has been fixed in the 82 series. No idea what it is worth.

silverchief

The tractor don't have a pto or a 3-point hitch. But it has a radar and 1.5" hitch whith bushing. Thanks for you input

combine_ken

Saw one in Spokane, Washington this last summer, but darned if I can remember which dealer. May of been Cat. It was a industrial dealer not and ag dealer. I can remember how to get there, but do not remember the name of the place.It was on the north side of the rail yards.

steve_farmer

What are the differences between the industrial and the regular SteigerIJ Do they cost moreIJ

Green_Envy

Industrial Steigers were built from about 1975 to 1984. CA stands for Cat engine which is what we want. The frame, fuel tank, and everything else is built heavier and thicker metal than the ag models. The axles are Eaton instead of Raba. There are filters for everything. The cab is a foot wider and they are painted yellow and black. I don't know about the ag models but the industrial ones came with 44 gpm closed center hydraulics. Our neighbor has a CA 325 that he bought with 200 hrs and put 1800 more hours on it. He farmed with it until he retired 3 years ago. It has never seen any construction work and the guy took real good care of it. He also has the brochures for it too. We tried to buy the tractor from him but he refused. I wouldn't sell it either if I was him. The tractor is in mint condition. Anybody that is a Steiger fan would kill to have this one after looking at it. So we are trying to get lucky and maybe find another one because we do need a tractor before seeding. Here is a link to Industrial Steigers. http:__www.toytractorshow.com_industrial_steiger.htm

steve_farmer

Just curious, do they run the standard transIJ Someone thought an allison. If so, do they stand up and does it cost alot to rebuildIJ

Green_Envy

They have an Allison automatic. Seems there was also something special about that transmission in my neighbor's tractor. I don't know much it cost for a rebuild. My neighbor's transmission has stood up so far. The only thing he has done to his tractor was put in a new u-joint.