Combines corn loss on 30

FXD

Are you only getting loss over the side IJ Or out the front.Might try slowing doun the stalk rolls there should be a different sprocket on the back of the head. Also some hybrids snap off harder and more likely to pop out...

CJ

We have never tried to slow the head down but I will. The loss seems to be a little all over. For the customers that we have who plant 36 to 38" we us a 5 row and the loss seems to be less To bad that you couldn't adjust the roll speed and stripper clearance on the go like the Byron head

polymoss

...and the Case dealer says variable drive (Deere) isn't important to the farmer _ customer.

CJ

polymoss; Any ideas on how a person could convert a Case head to variable drive and hydraulic adjust stripper plates without breaking the bankIJ

Polymoss

No. You could look at the used parts catalogs and see if a lower reverser drive would bust your budget. Blacksmith it on the lower feeder house and use universal header drives. I'd take a good knowledge of electro Hydralics to make it work.

Alger

Just Use a Deere Head. They make a kit for it. The deckplate hose goes in the connector for your fore_aft. I think you have to shorten the shafts though to make it fit. Also, I know certain pioneer numbers snap very easy. Ask you dealer