Combines JD flex front on Case 2388

jr

I am doing the same thing. Also need more info Iam using a 224jd on a 1680.

logan

The easiest way to run the auto header hieght is to mount the potentiometer from a case header in the cover of the dial-o-matic box from the Deere. The d-o-m box is the switch box at the right hand end of the header. Drive out the roll pin on the backside and unbolt the box. remove the cover and brush arm. Drill a 1_2" hole in the cover in line with the centre point of the shaft, the Case potentiometer is mounted through this hole with the shaft to the inside. Drill a small hole to insert the locating pin oposite the pointed end of the cover. Install the link on the potentiometer shaft. Cut a slot in the brush arm wide enough to fit the end of the potentiometer link. Cut the slot next to the webbing of the brush arm. do not make the slot too wide, any play between the link and the arm will cause wierd results. Install the box back on the header. Wire the potentiometer to the combine, see the case header for color code. Be very careful! the first time you try the header hieght. You may have to adjust the position of the box or the location of the potentiometer. Note:21and23 series use different potentiometers. Before you start, repair the flexing components of the header and check the sensing shaft. I have adapted 4 units like this with good results, the case field tracker sensors can also be added. let me know how it works!