Combines green head on red combine

Mad_C

What header is standard on a US spec 2188IJ Here in UK we have the Dronningborg headers fitted from Denmark and they are just fantastic.

c

For a flex head here in Ontario, Canada on a 2188 they don't recommend anything less then a 25ft. Here, nothing comes standard withe the combine, headers are all extra. Hope this answers your question.

Mad_C

Thanks, didn't realise that the headers came separate from the combine. Here it is all together. Interesting that the biggest cut available in UK for any Axial Flow is 22ft. There is no option to go wider than that at all.

c

Actually Mad Contractor, a lot of us in Ontario run 30ft flex heads for our wheat and beans. This is the biggest flex head they make. In western canada where they only do grains, they can get heads up to 36ft, but only in the rigid platform, not flex. Nice talking to you.

Mad_C

It would be interesting for me to import a 36ft header for the Axial Flow here. It would certainly turn a few heads!! I don't know how much one would cost, or even if it would cope with a UK wheat harvest of 4.5 tons per acre, but it would be a real 'show stopper'. MC

c

I was in wheat this year that was running 3 tons to the acre ( 115bu_acre )with my old 22ft header before I went the 30 footer and I could travel about 3mph and that was clipping as low to the ground as possible to windrow straw. Very power demanding job.