Combines cts combines

rod

We ran a 9600 and a CTS side beside in barley and the CTS was doing about 50% more than the 9600.

Curtis

The CTS is basically a 9500 with two rotors running lengthwise instead of the strawwalkers. I think it has as much or more capacity than the 9600. The advantages the rotor would have in my oppinion is that the rotors is more efficiant at seperating the straw and grain. Also the strawwalkers has been the 9000 series weak spot, because of loss over the walkers and problems with the strawwalker cranks and walker bearings. I don't know what a used would be priced, but I've heard that a CTS is as much or more than a 9600.

Curtis

Go to attachments under topics and there is a John Deere CTS homepage

rod

We had similar experience in wheat where the CTS out performed the 9600 maybe not as much but it is still significantly better if it is properly set.

Rockpicker

The CTS was available in a small grains version. We traded a 9600 for a CTS II back in 1998. Capacity is similar to a Case 2388 and equal to or more then a 9600 in wheat depending on how much the crop is yielding. Higher the yield, the more you will like the CTS. Also, the CTS seemed to do a better job cleaning the grain then the 9600.

Bigsky

For one, the CTS 11 has 275 Hp, compared to 260 for the CTS. I believe the concave is a bit differant, and also more lights.....simular to the differances between a 9600 and a 9610.