Combines JD vs case

denny

The john deere does a wonderful job in beans but leaves a little bit to be desired in high moisture corn, 26 percent and higher. however they have a new concave thats suppose to take care of that problem. Case ih really has trouble combining beans when the stems are green.

Farmn

I beg to disagreee with your comments. I own a 2188 and a 9600. I have found in soybeans that the 2188 will take greener vines, more weeds with less trouble than the JD. I run a 30 ft head on the 2188 and a 20 ft head on the 9600 and can run almost the same speed with the 2188 as I can with the 9600. I have also found that the 2188 does a much better job in wheat. I can't seem to stop the grain lose over the walkers in the 9600. Oh, and I traded a 9500 for my 2188!

Nighthawk

I would have to agree that the Case-IH is better. Grain loss and grain quality are always problems with the conventional design. The rotors are better at threshing since grain has more chances to be threshed, since it will travel around the rotor about 3.5 times instead of passing the cylinder just once in a conventional. The conventional is better in the aspect that it will do a decent job no matter where it is set.The rotor can be poor if set wrong, but they are not hard to set, just takes a differnet theory.

nf

It's about time some IH owners showed Deere guys that there is something better than green paint. Rotary design is simpler and better- especially when you have a company that's taken 20 years to perfect a machine that was great in the first place. When(IFIJIJIJ) JD brings out the bi-rotor they'll finally have a great combine!

GONCUTN

I would have to disagree with you that the Case IH 2188 is a better combine. I have harvested along with the 2188s with my 5 9600s and found when set

tg9610

I've been on the harvest run down toTexas and up to Canada - Green machines are the only machines you see. Farmers hire peoplewith green machines because they have seen for themselves what green machines can do! John Deere will stand behind you all the way anywhere you are!!

Dut

For GONCUTN I beg to differ that the only reason that the 2188 is sitting in the corner is because it is already done! For tg9610, you are wrong my friend did the same thing that you did probably with you if you were on the JD crew. He said that the 1688 were running circles around the 9600.