Combines Corn shelling problems 6620

l

I can't believe you have clean grain in the tailings with the sieve set that far open. If you are getting a whole cob and there isn't too much trash you should be able to breeze through the crop. Maybe you could close the chaffer a bit, put on all the fan you can and close the sieve. There again you said the sieve was open...how do you get a clean sampleIJIJIJIJAre you sure the grain is coming up the tailings, or is it being carried around the cylinder because the seal above the cylinder is worn outIJThe way you said the machine was set I would think you would have lots of trash in the grain tank

Fark_Farms

Hey longfellow, Thanks for the help. I got it worked out today. Actually, I had the chaffer set to narrow and the corn was'nt falling through until it hit the back of the sieve, that's why it was going over. I opened it up to about 5_8" and cranked the fan up and that took care of that. I'm still getting alot of ears crashing against that cylinder access door, though. My service man says he's never seen that before.

l

The loud banging you hear is part of a John Deere 20 series combine in my opinion. Most Titan combines have that noise. I really do not think it is something to be alarmed about as most all combines I service will do that, it sounds bad but a Deere has to have some flaws!!!!