Combines John Deere CTS troubles

Rod

I guess you've tried all the obvious things like fuel and air filtersIJ

T_J

larry, does the C.T.S. have a rasp bar or a spike tooth cylinder in it IJ

WOT

Hopefully you can still install 9610 ECU's into 9510's, like you could with 9600's and 9500's. This will give more horsepower on a smaller machine which helps in tough conditions.You could install the small corn pulley on the separator drive to reduce horsepower requirements. This is easier than changing the grate spacers and will still allow them to thrash small grain out.Also, installing the beater slow down kit in reverse and lowering the beater grate helps in tough conditions.Be sure to run the feederhouse conveyor chain on the slow speed side of sprocket to give more even flow into cylinder.Wong Yei (a very small Japanese fellow) is available slip into the ECU box and he'll serve you with more horsepower. Be sure to connect ECU with a constant supply of rice.

T_J

larry, i think it would be worht the try to install a spike tooth cyl in the C.T.S.

FarmBuddy

The over the top of the beater crop flow on the CTS results in a loss of positive material flow but was a way for JohnDeere to get around the earlier Claas patent that moves material under the beater and into the two separating rotors. The chevron beater used on the Claas design also splits material into two streams to provide an even flow to their spiral flighted separation rotors. I think the oval shaped housing used on the JD CTS results in a loss of positive _ smooth crop flow and thus causes more plugging. You are also right about the crop hairpinning around the center front divider used in the CTS. I've also seen problems in that area while running a CTS in green stem soybeans.