Combines 9500 green soybeans

Eric

The beans in our area were the same condition about 2 weeks ago. We run a 9600 w_25' head and had to slow down about .7 - 1 mph compared to normal beans. Our settings are about the same except we run the cylinder at 550 rpm. Tried it slower and almost slugged the cylinder. last year had similar conditions and spent most of 1 week unplugging the cylinder on our old 7720 (plugged it 3-4 times) I would rather go too slow than to go through that again. Your settings sound about right for the conditions, as long as your header is feeding evenly.

Floyd

Try putting your cylinder on the high side and run it around 450. I forget how slow it will go on the high side but it sometime varies by machine. Green Stem beans are tuff to cut but this will help your combine labor alot less.

john

I have been running beans just like yours with the same setup i run between 4 and 5 mph i run the cylinder a little over 300 rpms and the concave at less than 2 ussally the cylinder feeds better when i have it that close for some reason is your head feeding properly

mudhogg

I had a JD rep to caution me about running the cylinder speed at the absolute slowest or highest range. It will not allow the torqe converter to work and will damage the belt or even worse.

mudhogg

We had alot of this trouble this year, it realy slowed us down. We even broke the shaft under the grain tank. I hope that this problem is not characteristic to many of these new varieties. I've seen more of this in recent years and it seems to be only SOME varieties and not all. We can't get off the 1-2 Concave setting. Run it real tight most all the time.