Combines 9500 lack of power

gnu

Depending upon crops and conditions, concaves in 9000 series machines are pretty well rounded over at around 700-750 hours. Your lack of HP is likely due to being required to run the concave adjustment tighter than necessary in order to maintain thresh (corn will thresh well with almost any setting, as long as the machine is full). Also, if you're operating with filler plates in the cylinder, they're hiding the front of the cyl. bar, and preventing that area from pulling material thru, as well.This machine, with the concave retarding properly, should easily handle nearly any length header which the hydraulics can raise. Question--are you also seeing some whitecapping in sm. grainsIJ

Frank

I have a '93 9500 that had injector problems.there was a certain range of serial numbers

deere_hunter

Thanks for the comments. On the issue of concaves, what do you suggestIJ Would you replace concave, and rasp barsIJ We have heard about this "THE COMBINE MAN" George Kuchar installing aftermarket parts to help performance. Is it worth it or is factory better. Maybe you no of an even better suggestion, I'm open to them all. Do you recomend removing filler plates for beans, and wheat. or leaving them out all togetherIJ Around here they say to leave them in all the time.

gnu

On the subject of cylinder filler plates, we usually find that even in corn, unless you are harvesting extremely small ears, your machine will feed and thresh better without them. Operators in our area, and we do almost all crops here, usually leave them stored in the corner of their shops, or occasionally will use them to build 4 wheeler ramps, etc.If your cylinder bars have at least 1_4" depth at the top of the arch, they're probably good for a short while--if not they should be replaced (JD machines feed with the front of the bar, and the teeth serve to pinch grain thru the concave).On the subject of concaves, I'm somewhat biased, since we specialize in hardfacing them to lengthen effective service life (usually 3-4 times OEM),and performing mods as needed for particular crops.I'm about out of room for this posting. Please e-mail me for more details