Combines Best Chaff Spreaders

Punk

You could build one that would work as well as a Vittoe or many of these other simple units by using a hyd motor and a round plate with four angle irons on it. The other thing is if you are considering a larger combine later a "Kirby"by Dutch Industries 306-781-4820 is probably your best unit . If you are planning to also need a straw chopper then the best thing to do at that time is to buy a" Redekop" {306-931-6664} it conveys the chaff up into the straw then chops it and blows it at the same time. Chaff being so light doesn't blow well with a normal paddle unit. A Kirby is built like a manure pump and sucks the material in before it blows it out . When they run them on a rotary they add the straw to the spread so it works better with the additional weight . The same thing is true for the Redekop by adding it to the straw you can throw it further . The Redekop also will spread 30' with a finer chop and you can change from chopping to dropping in seconds . Punk

MJ

Any idea of the cost of the Redekop spreader, where are they built, and will it fit on a 9400 with a straw chopper alreadyIJ I've hesitated buying one of the others, but think this is a great idea putting it through the existing straw chopper. Thanks for info.

Punk

This is probably too late now .Sorry I didn't get back to you earlier on this I