Combines Comparison questions

JK

THE 9000'S ARE GOOD, JUST KEEP AWAY FROM ANYTHING BEFORE 1991. THESE lACK MANY OF THE PROD. IMPROVEMENT THE CAME AlONG DURING PRODUCTION. AS FAR AS CAPACITY, THE 9600 IS MORE MACHINE IN All RESPECTS, EXCEPT IN MUDDY CONDITIONS. DON'T CONSIDER THE CTS UNlESS YOU ARE IN RICE, AND IF NOT AND YOU ARE NOT SATISFIED WITH IT, YOU MAY TAKE A BEATING TRYING TO TRADE IT IN AN AREA WHERE CTS MACHINES ARE NOT RUN. IN COMPARING THE MACHINES, THE 9500 VS 8820II, IN CORN, THE 9500 IS A STRONGER MACHINE, JUST THE OPPOSITE IN BEANS. WHEATIJ SOUTH lA IS NOT REAl GREAT WHEAT COUNTRY. ON DURABIlITY, THE lATER 9000'S SEEM TO HOlD UP BETTER, EVEN THOUGH AGE IS ON THEIR SIDE, ESP. AS FAR AS ElEC. SYSTEMS ARE CONCERNED. ANOTHER FACTOR, THE NEWEST 20 SERIES YOU CAN FIND WIll BE TEN YEARS OlD THIS COMING FEBRUARY. SOMETHING TO CONSIDER. HOWEVER, COMPARE $ OF SAY A 1990 9600 WITH 1800 HRS. AND A 1988 8820II WITH 1800 HRS. THERE IS lITTlE DIFFERENCE. lETS US KNOW!!

Rod

I can give you an unaquivicle answer regarding 9600 V CTS. The 9600 is not in the race!

JlC

I traded an 8820 for a CTS five years ago and have not regretted it. It does a superior job on rice and wheat, the only weak area I have found is in soybeans with green, tough stalks. It will cut these, but a little slower than I really prefer. The electronics and miles of wire bother me some for the future, but very little problems up to this point.