Combines 9600 soy bean loss over walkers loose beans

kev

Make sure that the corn inserts are removed. Also some combines have concave filler plates in for wheat.

sodak

In response to the suggestions for my 9600. the inserts are removed, have tried concave close 1-2 or 8-12 on the digital concave display and have varied the cyl. speed from 330 to 420. helps some, but combine surges @ lower cyl. speeds . closing concave helps that problem, but straw breaks up and still traps beans (problem varies much by bean variety). flexhead feeds fairly well except sometimes on lefthand side,then lose is worse. I have had this problem in drilled beans also W_ even feeding, very puzzling for me . note. if I increase speed then lose goes high and my grain lose monitor pegs to the right even at amoderate setting. Thanks...

kev

How many beans are you finding on the ground over a square foot. I would be cautious on relying on the harvest trak monitor in detrerming your losses. Your actually seeing beans coming out the straw chopperIJ

sodak

Bean lose _ sq ft ave. 3 to 6 when conditions at the worst, these are beans after any header loss . ie. loose beans in tire tracks and or splits that have gone through chopper. We have also driven behind the machine and actually seen the beans coming out of chopper. In those situations we have hit the key and shut down the separator and checked the walkers and found the loose beans trapped in the straw. also when conditions exsist I have noticed a 1-2 bu. drop on the ave, on the greenstar monitor. after 23 yrs of combining this has been very puzzling to me to have a condition W_ a green machine we cant seem to remidey. Thank you for any input.